Manchester Originals in Women’s Hundred 2023 | Complete Squad, Schedule, Players to Watch Out

As cricket enthusiasts eagerly anticipate the third season of The Women’s Hundred, the stage is set for an enthralling display of women’s cricket brilliance. Scheduled to kick off on 1st August, this prestigious tournament promises to captivate audiences with its high-octane matches. Among the eight formidable teams competing, Manchester Originals are geared up to leave their mark in the competition.

Manchester Originals in Women’s Hundred 2023 | Complete Squad, Schedule, Players to Watch Out

In the previous editions of The Women’s Hundred, Manchester Originals showcased steady progress, however, finished fifth in the 2021 edition and sixth in 2022. With their sights set on reaching higher echelons, the team is determined to embrace new challenges and elevate their game.

Manchester Originals have strategically assembled a balanced squad of skilled players from different parts of the world. In the draft, they opted for the elegant South African batter, Laura Wolvaardt, whose cover drive promises to dazzle the crowds at Old Trafford. Coupled with the brutal ball striking of West Indies’ Deandra Dottin, the Originals’ batting lineup looks formidable.

England’s Emma Lamb is expected to shoulder much of the responsibility with the bat, being the only frontline batter with top-level international experience. Her form and consistency will be vital in setting strong foundations for the team’s innings.

The squad’s strength lies in its spin bowling department, with the world’s best women’s bowler, Sophie Ecclestone, leading the attack. Ecclestone’s artful spin is complemented by the arrival of Amanda-Jade Wellington, the Hundred’s leading wicket-taker, who has joined the team from Southern Brave.

However, the Originals face a challenge in the pace bowling department. While Katie George adds quality to the lineup, the emergence of 17-year-old Mahika Gaur presents an exciting prospect on the fast and bouncy pitches of Manchester. Yet, with concerns over Deandra Dottin’s fitness to bowl, the team may find themselves searching for quality bowling options during the tournament.

Also Read:  Complete Squad Analysis of Northern Superchargers : The Women’s Hundred

Squad:

Sophie Ecclestone (C), Deandra Dottin, Emma Lamb, Ellie Threlkeld, Laura Wolvaardt, Amanda-Jade Wellington, Kathryn Bryce, Katie George, Liberty Heap, Phoebe Graham, Fi Morris, Ami Campbell, Amara Carr, Mahika Gaur, Laura Jackson

Manchester Originals Schedule for Women’s Hundred 2023:

DATE OPPOSITION VENUE TIME (BST)
02-Aug-2023 Welsh Fire Sophia Gardens 11:30
05-Aug-2023 London Spirit Old Trafford 11:00
07-Aug-2023 Birmingham Phoenix Old Trafford 15:00
09-Aug-2023 Oval Invincibles Kia Oval 15:00
13-Aug-2023 Northern Superchargers Clean State Headingley 11:00
17-Aug-2023 Trent Rockets Trent Bridge 15:00
20-Aug-2023 Northern Superchargers Old Trafford 11:00
23-Aug-2023 Southern Brave Old Trafford 15:00

Players to Watch Out:

Manchester Originals captain Sophie Ecclestone stated, “Emma Lamb is definitely a player to watch this summer. She’s coming into her own now in T20 cricket and I feel like she’s going to be a big player. Also, Ellie Threlkeld being our keeper, she’s got a lot more to show for herself with the bat and I’m really excited to see what she can do.”

Emma Lamb

Emma Lamb’s match-winning knocks for Thunder in the Rachael Heyhoe Flint Trophy showcase her prowess as a strong and consistent opener. Having scored around 250 runs for the Thunders, she will play a crucial role in setting the tone for Manchester Originals’ batting performances.

Ellie Threlkeld

As a consistent batter to watch out for, Ellie Threlkeld has proven to be vital for team Thunder in the Rachael Heyhoe Flint Trophy. With her reliability as a wicketkeeper, she adds further value to the team’s dynamics.

Sports have always been a huge part of my life, and having played cricket professionally for my state team, I gained a deeper understanding of what it takes to succeed in the world of sports. With an eye for detail and passion for sports, I’m hoping to make a lasting impact in the sports industry.

Also Read:  South Africa announced 21-member provisional squad for Commonwealth Games
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here