Match 7: France v Spain Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The seventh match of the 2022 France Women’s T20I Quadrangular Series will be played between France and Spain at Dreux Sport Cricket Club in Dreux on May 8.

Match Preview – Match 7: France v Spain Women

Head to Head

This will be the first encounter between France and Spain.

Squads

France: Lara Armas, Lena Armas, Sabine Baron, Cindy Bretéché, Tara Britton, Alix Brodin, Maëlle Cargouët (wk), Krystal Lemoine, Louise Lestavel, Magali Marchello, Poppy McGeown, Beatrice Pierre, Ganesh Pooja, Lydia Templeman, Blandine Verdon, Marie Violleau

Spain: Elspeth Fowler (c), Samaia Basharat, Amy Brown-Carrera, Hifsa Butt, Rabia Iqbal, Zenab Iqbal, Jaspreet Kaur, Simranjit Kaur, Wania Malik, Tashiba Mirza, Memoona Muhammad, Rabia Mushtaq, Muskan Naseeb, Aliza Saleem, Uswa Syed

Players to watch out for

Poppy McGeown: 

The right handed top order batter of France top scored with an unbeaten 50 off 57 balls against Jersey in her last match. Coming in to bat in the very first over, she stabilized the innings and helped her team put up a modest score on board.

Cindy Breteche: 

The right arm seamer from France was the top performer with the ball as she scalped 2-18 in 3.4 overs, including one maiden, against Jersey in her last outing. She opened the bowling and bowled well with the new ball striking twice in the very first over of the innings.

Muskan Naseeb: 

The right arm seamer from Spain was the pick of the bowlers in her last match against Austria. She bagged 2-12 in three overs. She was the most economical bowler for her team too.

Also Read:  Match 4: Austria v Jersey Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Elspeth Fowler:

The captain of Spain starred with the bat as she mustered 44 runs off 50 balls to set the tone for the run chase. The right handed opening batter was there in the middle till the 15th over.

Pitch

The last match that was played here saw more than 280 runs being scored. The team batting first won the match. Batting looked easy in the first innings while it seemed to be difficult in the second. Only eight wickets fell through the course of the match which hints that bowlers had a tough time on this wicket.

Weather

The weather is expected to be mostly sunny, however there is a yellow warning for thunderstorms till 4pm. There will be 24 percent cloud cover and 25 percent chance of precipitation. The average temperature will be around 22 degrees Celsius and the wind will blow from the north-northeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Maelle Cargouet, Uswa Syed, Tara Britton, Alix Brodin, Poppy McGeown, Jaspreet Grang Kaur, Muskan Naseeb, Elspeth Fowler, Ganesh Pooja, Cindy Breteche, Rabia Mushtaq

Match details

Date: May 8, 2022

Time: 2.30pm IST

Venue: Dreux Sport Cricket Club, Dreux, France

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here