Match 6: Austria v Spain Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The sixth match of the 2022 France Women’s T20I Quadrangular Series will be played between Austria and Spain at Dreux Sport Cricket Club in Dreux on May 7. 

Match Preview – Match 6: Austria v Spain Women 

Match 2: Austria v Spain Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI
Match 6: Austria v Spain Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Head to Head

Austria and Spain have played one match against each other and Austria have won that match.

Squads

Austria: Gandhali Bapat (c, wk), Rezarta Avdylaj, Valentina Avdylaj, Harjivan Bhullar, Bangalore Chamundaiah, Smriti Kohli, Anisha Nookala, Mahadewa Pathirannehelage, Priya Sabu, Ashmaan Saifee, Hannah Simpson-Parker, Jo-Antoinette Stiglitz, Raphaela Trobinger, Busra Uca

Spain: Elspeth Fowler (c), Samaia Basharat, Amy Brown-Carrera, Hifsa Butt, Rabia Iqbal, Zenab Iqbal, Jaspreet Kaur, Simranjit Kaur, Wania Malik, Tashiba Mirza, Memoona Muhammad, Rabia Mushtaq, Muskan Naseeb, Aliza Saleem, Uswa Syed

Players to watch out for

Gandhali Bapat: 

The captain of Austria led from the front with the bat top scoring with 24 runs off 32 balls, including three boundaries. The wicket-keeper and right handed batter provided a steady start to her team’s run chase against Jersey.

Mahadewa Pathirannehelage: 

The right arm seamer from Austria was the most successful bowler for her team in her last match against Jersey. She picked up 1-21 in her four overs, including one maiden. She was the most economical bowler as well.

Elspeth Fowler: 

The captain of Spain starred with the bat as she scored 29 runs off 46 balls against Jersey in her last outing. The right handed batter set the tone for the run chase however kept losing partners at regular intervals.

Uswa Syed:

The right arm spinner of Spain was the pick of the bowlers as she scalped 1-20 in her four overs against Jersey in her last appearance. She bowled well with the new ball and was the most economical of the lot.

Also Read:  3rd T20I: Austria vs France | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Pitch

The last time these two teams met at this venue, more than 200 runs were scored during the match. The bowlers had a good time as they picked up 17 wickets in total. Expect a good contest between bat and ball when the two teams lock horns against each other again today.

Weather

There will be times of sun and clouds with a couple of showers expected through the day. There will be 70 percent cloud cover and 84 percent chance of precipitation. The average temperature will be around 20 degrees Celsius and the wind will blow from the north-northwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Gandhali Bapat, Uswa Syed, Anisha Nookala, Harjivan Bhullar, Mahadewa Pathirannehelage, Rabia Ahmed Iqbal, Jo Antoinette Stiglitz, Jaspreet Grang Kaur, Valentina Avdylaj, Soujanya Chamundaiah, Elspeth Fowler

Match details

Date: May 7, 2022

Time: 6.30pm IST

Venue: Dreux Sport Cricket Club, Dreux, France

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here