Match 2: Dragons v Scorchers Women | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

The second match of the 2022 Arachas Super Series, a domestic competition in Ireland, will be played on May 8 between Dragons and Scorchers at North County in Dublin. It will be a 50-over match.

Match Preview – Match 2: Dragons v Scorchers Women

Match 2: Dragons v Scorchers Women | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

Squads 

Dragons: Leah Paul (captain), Amy Caulfield, Alison Cowan, Zara Craig, Alana Dalzell, Mollie Devine, Sarah Forbes, Abbi Harrison, Amy Hunter, Charlotte Lyons, Kia McCartney, Kate McEvoy, Cara Murray, Orla Prendergast, Jemma Rankin

Scorchers: Gaby Lewis (captain)*, Christina Coulter Reilly, Rachel Delaney, Shauna Kavanagh, Anna Kerrison, Hannah Little, Sophie MacMahon, Niamh MacNulty, Aimee Maguire, Jane Maguire, Lara Maritz, Ellie McGee, Eimear Richardson, Jenny Sparrow, Siúin Woods

* Lewis will miss the first two weeks of the competition due to the Fairbreak Invitational in Dubai. 

Players to watch out for

Leah Paul: She is a left handed batter and left arm spinner from Dragons, who has played international cricket for Ireland between 2017 and 2021. She has featured in nine ODIs and scored 254 runs, including a couple of half-centuries. With the ball, she has claimed four wickets in eight innings. 

Amy Hunter: She is a right handed batter from Dragons, who made her international debut for Ireland in 2021. She has played five ODIs and mustered 128 runs, including one century. She has a healthy strike rate of 88 and average of 32.

Eimear Richardson: She is a veteran batting all-rounder from Scorchers, who has played international cricket for Ireland since 2005. She is a right hand batter and a right arm off spinner. With the bat, she has close to 400 ODI runs and with the ball, she has claimed 22 wickets, including a five wicket haul.

Also Read:  Match 2: Ireland v South Africa Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Shauna Kavanagh: This seasoned campaigner is a wicket-keeper and right handed middle order batter from Scorchers. She has been playing international cricket for Ireland since 2011. She has featured in 22 ODIs and mustered 191 runs in 16 innings.

Pitch

The wicket will offer an exciting contest between bat and ball. With the weather not expected to play a spoil sport, expect a complete day of cricket. This will be the first match of the tournament at this venue. The fresh wicket will assist the batters while the bowlers can look to exploit the conditions at the start of the play.

Weather

Intervals of clouds and sunshine are expected through the day. The average temperature will be around 19 degrees Celsius. The expected cloud cover will be 62 percent with just eight percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the south-west.

Fantasy Playing XI

Shauna Kavanagh, Amy Hunter, Anna Kerrison, Orla Prendergast, Eimear Richardson, Leah Paul, Rachel Delaney, Cara Murray, Kate McEvoy, Lara Maritz, Sophie MacMahon

Match details

Date: May 8, 2022

Time: 3.15pm IST

Venue: North County, Dublin

Live streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here