Match 3: Jersey v Spain Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The third match of the 2022 France Women’s T20I Quadrangular Series will be played between Jersey and Spain at Dreux Sport Cricket Club in Dreux on May 6.

Match Preview

Head to Head

Jersey and Spain will be playing their first-ever T20I.

Squads

Jersey: Rosa Hill (c), Tea Brocklesby, Florrie Copley, Erin Duffy, Chloe Greechan, Charlie Miles, Maria da Rocha, Erin Gouge, Lily Greig, Mia Maguire (wk), Georgia Mallett, Olive Smith, Trinity Smith, Grace Weatherall

Spain: Elspeth Fowler (c), Samaia Basharat, Amy Brown-Carrera, Hifsa Butt, Rabia Iqbal, Zenab Iqbal, Jaspreet Kaur, Simranjit Kaur, Wania Malik, Tashiba Mirza, Memoona Muhammad, Rabia Mushtaq, Muskan Naseeb, Aliza Saleem, Uswa Syed

Players to watch out for

Chloe Greechan:

The left-arm seamer from Jersey was the pick of the bowlers in her last match against France when she scalped 2-13 in four overs. She opened the bowling and bowled well with the new ball.

Charlie Miles:

The right handed opening batter of Jersey led the run chase with an unbeaten 39 off 32 balls to steer her side to a seven wicket win over France. She played some good looking shots, including five boundaries in her innings.

Rabia Iqbal: 

The talented all-rounder from Spain wreaked havoc with the ball as she claimed 3-25 in 2.3 overs against Austria in her last match. She was the most successful bowler for her team.

Elspeth Fowler:

The captain of Spain, who opened the batting, top-scored with 26 runs off 36 balls. The right-handed batter was the lone warrior in the fight as she kept losing partners at regular intervals.

Also Read:  Women’s Inter-Insular T20I Series 2022 - Squads and Fixtures

Pitch

The venue is expected to offer a healthy contest between bat and ball. In the last match, the team batting first won. More than 200 runs were scored in the match and 17 wickets fell in total.

Weather

Areas of low clouds and fog in the morning followed by variable cloudiness are expected through the day. There will be 83 percent cloud cover and eight percent chance of precipitation. The average temperature will be around 22 degrees Celsius and the wind will blow from the north-northwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Aliza Fatima Saleem, Charlie Miles, Uswa Syed, Lily Greig, Rabia Ahmed Iqbal, Jaspreet Grang Kaur, Georgia Mallet, Chloe Greechan, Erin Duffy, Elspeth Fowler, Rabia Mushtaq

Match details

Date: May 6, 2022

Time: 2.30pm IST

Venue: Dreux Sport Cricket Club, Dreux, France

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here