After the shocking defeat against Bangladesh Women and a comeback win against Sri Lanka Women, now the stage is set for the super battle with the arch rivals – Pakistan Women.
This is going to be the last league match for both the teams and probably it is the semi-final match of Women’s T-20 Asia Cup 2018. While on one hand, the winner will secure a berth in the finals, the losing team will have to wait for the results of the league matches of other teams.
One of the interesting facts is that India and Pakistan have played against each other only in multi-national competitions i.e. no T-20 series has even been played between these two countries. Both have played on eight (8) occasions and the statistical figures favor Women in Blue with 6:2 win-loss ratio. Following is the past (Head-to-Head) record of both the teams in Women’s T-20 internationals :-
1. Women’s T-20 World Cup 2009 and 2010 league match – won by India Women
2. Women’s T-20 World Cup 2012 league match – won by Pakistan Women
3. Asia Cup 2012 league match and Finals – won by India Women
4. Women’s T-20 World Cup 2014 league match – won by India Women
5. Women’s T-20 World Cup 2016 league match – won by Pakistan Women
6. Asia Cup 2016 league match – won by India Women
As far as the current Pakistan Women’s team squad is concerned, it is as follows :-
1. Bismah Maroof (captain)
2. Nain Abidi
3. Muneeba Ali
4. Anam Amin
5. Diana Baig
6. Nida Dar
7. Kainat Imtiaz
8. Javeria Khan
9. Nahida Khan
10. Sana Mir
11. Sidra Nawaz
12. Natalia Pervaiz
13. Javeria Rauf
14. Umaima Sohail
15. Nashra Sandhu
The most sort after players of this squad are :-
1. Captain Bismah Maroof – The experienced all-rounder is capable of turning the things around on her day. As a captain of the Pakistan’s T-20 team, she is expected to lead from front and all her years of experience (especially against India) is going to handy for the team.
2. Nain Abidi – The batting display of Pakistani team depends largely on the performance of this opening batter as she provides the much needed stability to the team’s batting down the line.
3. Nida Dar – She has been the “Player of the Match” twice in this Asia Cup so far. This clearly depicts her current form and state of mind. Pakistan’s Women team surely has a match winner in form of Nida Dar.
4. Nahida Khan and Aman Amin – These two bowling duo can destroy any batting line up on a given day. Nahida’s experience and Aman’s sharp learning skills are very important assets for the team.
5. Javeria Khan and Sana Mir – With tons of experience against India Women, both these players have the role of all-rounder in their national team and may be termed as evergreen star players who have all the eyes glued to their performance everytime they step down to play in the field.
Please note the matches won’t be televised and the fans will have to rely only on the Scorecards.
Soooo… Guys… Are we ready for the big game!!! Surely we are…
‘Gully’ cricket player and close observer of Indian Cricket team and it’s matches. Straight forward and still socially admirable personality. Strong belief in teamwork and possess high leadership skills.