Match 11: Barmy Army v Sapphires Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The 11th match of the Fairbreak Global Invitational T20 tournament will be played between Barmy Army and Sapphires at Dubai International Cricket stadium on May 10. 

Match Preview – Match 11: Barmy Army v Sapphires Women

Match 11: Barmy Army v Sapphires Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Squads

Barmy Army: Heather Knight (captain), Selina Solman, Laura Wolvaardt, Tara Norris, Deandra Dottin, Henriette Ishimwe, Kavisha Kumari, Shemaine Campbell, Iqra Sahar, Fatima Sana, Rumana Ahmed, Laura Cardoso, Roberta Moretti Avery, Rubina Chhetri, Ruchitha Venkatesh

Sapphires: Sana Mir (captain), Shabnim Ismail, Maryam Omar, Jade Allen, Grace Harris, Emma Lai, Elyse Villani, Shebani Bhaskar, Natasha Farrant, Kim Garth, Kary Chan, Geetika Kodali, Babette de Leede, Gaby Lewis, Christine Lovino

Players to watch out for

Deandra Dottin:

The star West Indian all-rounder plundered a blistering 56 not out off 40 balls for Barmy Army in her last outing against Tornadoes. The right handed opening batter pummeled five boundaries and three sixes during her entertaining innings.

Kavisha Egodage: 

The right handed opening batter from UAE mustered 43 runs off 42 balls for Barmy Army in her last match against Tornadoes. She stitched a 116-run partnership with Dottin to set the tone for the run chase.

Shabnim Ismail:

The right arm speedster from South Africa was the pick of the bowlers for Sapphires in her last game against Spirit. She claimed 1-14 in four overs, including one maiden. She bowled well with the new ball and was the most economical bowler for Sapphires.

Jade Allen:

The right handed middle order batter from Australia was the lone warrior for Sapphires in the last match against Spirit. She scored an unbeaten 33 off 41 balls, including three boundaries. She also bowled one over of leg spin however went for 17 runs.

Also Read:  Twitter lauds praises for Kiran Navgire who scored quick-fire Fifty

Pitch

In the last night match that was played here, more than 300 runs were scored in the last match that was played here. The team batting second won the match. The wicket is expected to favour the batters as they will get full value for their shots. On the other hand, bowlers will have to go that extra mile as there is not much in the wicket for them. Only four wickets fell in the last match that was played here.

Weather

The weather is expected to be clear. The average temperature will be around 26 degrees Celsius. There will be no cloud cover and there is no chance of rain. The wind is expected to blow from the southwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Shemaine Campbelle, Gaby Lewis, Kavisha Egodage, Elyse Villani, Laura Wolvaardt, Deandra Dottin, Heather Knight, Grace Harris, Shabnim Ismail, Tara Norris, Jade Allen

Match details

Date: May 10, 2022

Time: 9.30pm IST

Venue: Dubai International Stadium

Live streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here