1. Her full name is Deepti Bhagwan Sharma.
2. Her father, Bhagwan Sharma is a retired chief booking supervisor with the Indian Railways.
3. Deepti used to ask her father to convince her elder brother, Sumit Sharma, to take her to the ground to watch net practices and matches.
4. The first opportunity struck when she was asked to throw the ball back into the play.
5. The ball hit the stumps.
6. Her direct throw from 50 meters distance was spotted by then India’s national women’s team selector Hemlata Kala and rest is history.
7. Former Indian batter and selector, Rita Dey, became her mentor.
8. Deepti Sharma started as a medium pacer but had to shift to slow off-spin bowling.
Loves all things female cricket