1. Her full name is Rajeshwari Shivanand Gayakwad.
2. She is called “The daughter of Bijapur” at her native place.
3. She used to play Gully cricket with her father and brothers.
4. In school days, she used to play Javelin, Discus throw, kho-kho and volleyball but liked cricket the most.
5. She was told that cricket is not a girl’s game.
6. Her father always supported her and is her biggest inspiration.
7. One day, she and her younger sister got selected for the free training camp of Bijapur Women’s Cricket Club at Ambedkar Cricket Ground, Bangalore.
8. That was the beginning of this talented player’s professional cricket career.
9. Gayakwad lost her father to a cardiac arrest in 2014, right after her T20 debut for India.
10. After the 2017 Women’s World Cup final, the Water resources minister M. B. Patil gifted a car worth Rs 5 lakh, which she refused saying that her priority at the moment is to get a house for her family.
11. The most memorable moment of her life when she met Honorable Prime Minister Shri. Narendra Modi Ji after World Cup 2017 golden run.
12. Her sister, Rameshwari Gayakwad plays for Karnataka Women’s team.
13. All-rounder Ravindra Jadeja is her role-model.
Loves all things female cricket