5th T20I: England v West Indies | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

The fifth and final T20I of the five-match series between England and West Indies will be played on December 23 at the Kensington Oval in Bridgetown, Barbados. The game will begin at 3.30 AM IST (6 PM LOCAL, December 22). England have sealed the series with a 4-0 lead with one game to go.

5th T20I: England v West Indies | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

In the fourth T20I, batting first, England posted 131/8 in 20 overs. England’s Sophia Dunkley top-scored with 35, while for West Indies, Sheneta Grimmond and Cherry-Ann Fraser claimed three wickets each. In reply, the hosts were bowled out for a paltry 82 in 16 overs, losing the match by 49 runs. West Indies’ captain Hayley Matthews was at the helm of the run chase with a 23, while for the visitors, Lauren Bell wreaked havoc with a four-fer.

Head-to-Head

England and West Indies have played 26 T20Is against each other, out of which England have won 17, and the West Indies have won nine.

Squads

England: Heather Knight (C), Lauren Bell, Alice Davidson-Richards, Freya Davies, Charlotte Dean, Sophia Dunkley, Sophie Ecclestone, Amy Jones, Freya Kemp, Natalie Sciver, Danielle Wyatt, Maia Bouchier, Katherine Brunt, Lauren Winfield-Hill, Sarah Glenn, Issy Wong

West Indies: Hayley Matthews (C), Shakera Selman (VC), Aaliyah Alleyne, Shemaine Campbelle, Afy Fletcher, Cherry Ann Fraser, Shabika Gajnabi, Sheneta Grimmond, Chinelle Henry, Kycia Knight, Chedean Nation, Karishma Ramharack, Kaysia Schultz, Rashada Williams

Players to watch

Sophia Dunkley: 

She has been in red-hot form in this series. England’s right-handed opening batter starred with the bat in the fourth T20I against West Indies as she scored 35 off 32, including four boundaries and a six. She laid a solid foundation for the batters to follow and was in the middle till the 11th over.

Also Read:  Shemaine Campbelle

Lauren Bell:

The right-arm pace sensation of England was the wrecker-in-chief in the fourth T20I against West Indies. She opened the bowling and scalped 12/4 in three overs. She struck twice in the first over, giving a perfect start to her team. Besides being the most successful bowler, she was one of the most economical ones for her side.

Hayley Matthews: 

The West Indies captain was the lone warrior in the fight in the fourth T20I against England. Opening the batting, the right-hander top-scored with 23 off 18, including three boundaries. She also opened the bowling and picked up 22/1 in four overs with her right-arm off-spin.

Cherry-Ann Fraser: 

The right-arm speedster of West Indies was one of the most successful bowlers for her side in the fourth T20I against England. She accounted for 20/3 in four overs, including 10 dot balls. She claimed all her three scalps in the 11th over and brought back West Indies into the contest.

Pitch

It will be the venue’s fourth and final game of the series. The last match was a relatively low-scoring affair, with 213 runs being scored. 18 wickets fell in the process. The fast bowlers are expected to get some purchase from the wicket. Expect an exciting contest between bat and ball.

Weather

The weather is expected to be partly cloudy, breezy, and warm, with a couple of showers. The average temperature will be around 26 degrees Celsius. There will be a 31 percent cloud cover and a 65 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the east.

Also Read:  Amy Jones handed over Vice-Captaincy Role for series against West Indies

Fantasy Playing XI

Rashada Williams, Danielle Wyatt, Sophia Dunkley, Heather Knight, Shemaine Campbelle, Hayley Matthews, Charlotte Dean, Lauren Bell, Sophie Ecclestone, Cherry-Ann Fraser, Afy Fletcher

Match Details

Date: December 23, 2022

Time: 3.30 AM IST (6 PM LOCAL, December 22)

Venue: Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados

Live Streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here