3rd T20I: England v West Indies | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

The third T20I of the five-match series between England and West Indies will be played on December 18 at the Kensington Oval in Bridgetown, Barbados. The game will begin at 3.30 AM IST (6 PM LOCAL, December 17). England lead the series 2-0.

3rd T20I: England v West Indies | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

In the second T20I, batting first, England posted 141/6 in 20 overs. Sophia Dunkley starred with the bat scoring a run-a-ball 43 for England, while captain Hayley Matthews was the most successful bowler with three wickets for the Caribbeans. In reply, West Indies were restricted to 125/8 in 20 overs, losing the match by 16 runs. Afy Fletcher top-scored with 18 for the hosts, while Charlotte Dean was the pick of the bowlers with three scalps for the visitors.

Head-to-Head

England and West Indies have played 24 T20Is against each other, out of which England have won 15, and the West Indies have won nine.

Squads

England: Heather Knight (C), Lauren Bell, Alice Davidson-Richards, Freya Davies, Charlotte Dean, Sophia Dunkley, Sophie Ecclestone, Amy Jones, Freya Kemp, Natalie Sciver, Danielle Wyatt, Maia Bouchier, Katherine Brunt, Lauren Winfield-Hill, Sarah Glenn, Issy Wong

West Indies: Hayley Matthews (C), Shakera Selman (VC), Aaliyah Alleyne, Shemaine Campbelle, Afy Fletcher, Cherry Ann Fraser, Shabika Gajnabi, Sheneta Grimmond, Chinelle Henry, Kycia Knight, Chedean Nation, Karishma Ramharack, Kaysia Schultz, Rashada Williams

Players to watch

Sophia Dunkley: 

England’s right-handed opening batter won the player of the match award in the second T20I against West Indies. She mustered 43 runs off as many balls, hitting a couple of boundaries and a six. She held the innings together and was there till the 17th over of the game.

Also Read:  2nd ODI: England v West Indies | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

Charlotte Dean: 

The wily right-arm off-spinner of England was the most successful bowler in the second T20I against West Indies. She scalped 22/3 in four overs, including 16 dot balls. She bowled well with the new ball picking up two wickets inside the powerplay. She was also effective in the middle overs.

Hayley Matthews: 

The West Indies captain was the bowlers’ pick in the second T20I against England. She claimed 15/3 in four overs. She opened the bowling and displayed good control with the new ball. She also bowled in the death overs and struck twice in the 17th over. Besides her bowling, she is an attacking right-handed opening batter.

Afy Fletcher: 

She made valuable contributions with bat and ball in the second T20I against England. The right-handed batter top-scored with 18 off 13, including a couple of hits to the fence. With the ball, the leg-spinner chipped in with 20/1 in four overs and was the second-most economical bowler for her side.

Pitch

It will be the second game of the series at the venue. The last match saw 266 runs being scored. 14 wickets fell in the process. The wicket looks good for batting in the first innings. As the game progresses, the conditions become a bit tough for batting. Spinners will enjoy bowling on this surface.

Weather

The weather is expected to be mostly sunny, breezy, and pleasant. The highest temperature attained during the day will be 30 degrees Celsius. There will be a 15 percent cloud cover and a one percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the east-northeast.

Also Read:  5th T20I: England v West Indies | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

Fantasy Playing XI

Kycia Knight, Danielle Wyatt, Sophia Dunkley, Heather Knight, Natalie Sciver, Chinelle Henry, Hayley Matthews, Charlotte Dean, Lauren Bell, Katherine Brunt, Afy Fletcher

Match Details

Date: December 18, 2022

Time: 3.30 AM IST (6 PM LOCAL, December 17)

Venue: Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados

Live Streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here