4th T20I: India v Australia | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

The fourth T20I of the five-match series between India and Australia will be played on December 17 at the Brabourne Stadium in Mumbai. The game will begin at 7 PM IST. Australia lead the series 2-1.

4th T20I: India v Australia | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

In the third T20I, batting first, Australia scored 172/8 in 20 overs, riding on Ellyse Perry’s 75. India’s Renuka Singh Thakur, Anjali Sarvani, Devika Vaidya, and Deepti Sharma claimed two wickets apiece. In reply, India scored 151/7 in 20 overs. Shafali Verma muscled 52 with the bat for India, while Ashleigh Gardner and Darcie Brown were the most successful bowlers with two scalps each.

Head-to-Head

India and Australia have played 28 T20Is against each other, with Australia winning 20, India winning seven, and one match not producing a result.

Squads

India: Harmanpreet Kaur (c), Smriti Mandhana (vc), Shafali Verma, Yastika Bhatia, Jemimah Rodrigues, Deepti Sharma, Radha Yadav, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Renuka Singh Thakur, Meghna Singh, Anjali Sarvani, Devika Vaidya, S Meghana, Richa Ghosh, Harleen Deol

Australia: Alyssa Healy (c), Tahlia McGrath (vc), Darcie Brown, Nicola Carey, Ashleigh Gardner, Kim Garth, Heather Graham, Grace Harris, Jess Jonassen, Alana King, Phoebe Litchfield, Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Megan Schutt, Annabel Sutherland

Players to watch

Shafali Verma: 

India’s swashbuckling right-handed opening batter muscled 52 off 41 in the third T20I against Australia. She hammered half a dozen boundaries and cleared the rope thrice in her entertaining innings. In the process, she stitched a crucial 73-run partnership with captain Harmanpreet Kaur for the third wicket.

Renuka Singh Thakur: 

The right-arm pace sensation of India was on song in the third T20I against Australia. She got rid of the dangerous Alyssa Healy in the first over to give India the perfect start with the ball. She finished with the figures of 24/2 in four overs and was the most economical bowler for the team.

Also Read:  Central Zone vs East Zone | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Beth Mooney:

The left-handed opening batter of Australia has been blowing in red hot form this series. After a couple of half-centuries, the southpaw smashed 30 off 20 in the third T20I against India. She shared a 64-run stand with Ellyse Perry for the third wicket to lay a solid foundation for the batters to follow.

Ellyse Perry: 

The Australian star all-rounder amplified “form is temporary, and class is permanent” in the third T20I against India. Batting at number four, the right-hander blasted 75 off 47, hitting nine boundaries and three sixes. She won the player of the match award for her stellar batting performance. With the ball, she bowled one over and conceded two runs.

Pitch

It will be the second match of the series at this venue. In the last game, more than 300 runs were scored, and 15 wickets fell in the process. The wicket looks good for batting as the ball comes onto the bat nicely. The outfield is quick. Expect another high-scoring contest, with both teams boasting of incredible batting firepower.

Weather

The weather is expected to be clear and humid, with a temperature of around 28 degrees Celsius. There will be a zero percent cloud cover and a one percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the southwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Alyssa Healy, Richa Ghosh, Beth Mooney, Tahlia McGrath, Smriti Mandhana, Shafali Verma, Ellyse Perry, Deepti Sharma, Darcie Brown, Renuka Singh Thakur, Megan Schutt

Match Details

Date: December 17, 2022

Time: 7 PM IST (12.30 AM AEDT, December 18)

Also Read:  Australia's star all-rounder Jess Jonassen ruled out of India tour due to hamstring injury

Venue: Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai

Live Streaming: Star Sports Network (India), Fox Sports and Channel 7 (Australia)

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here