1st T20I: England v West Indies | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

After being at the receiving end of a crushing 3-0 defeat in the ODI series, the 2016 World T20 champions West Indies will look to bounce back against England in the five-match T20I series.

1st T20I: England v West Indies Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming
1st T20I: England v West Indies Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

The first T20I of the five-match series between England and West Indies will be played on December 12 at the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium in North Sound, Antigua. The game will begin at 3.30 AM IST (6 PM LOCAL, December 11).

Head-to-Head

England and West Indies have played 22 T20Is against each other, out of which England have won 13, and the West Indies have won nine.

Squads

England: Heather Knight (C), Lauren Bell, Alice Davidson-Richards, Freya Davies, Charlotte Dean, Sophia Dunkley, Sophie Ecclestone, Amy Jones, Freya Kemp, Natalie Sciver, Danielle Wyatt, Maia Bouchier, Katherine Brunt, Lauren Winfield-Hill, Sarah Glenn, Issy Wong

West Indies: Hayley Matthews (C), Shakera Selman (VC), Aaliyah Alleyne, Shemaine Campbelle, Afy Fletcher, Cherry Ann Fraser, Shabika Gajnabi, Sheneta Grimmond, Chinelle Henry, Kycia Knight, Chedean Nation, Karishma Ramharack, Kaysia Schultz, Rashada Williams

Players to watch

Natalie Sciver: 

She is one of the best all-rounders in the world of women’s cricket. The right-handed batter and right-arm seamer from England has scored 1908 runs and claimed 76 wickets in 99 T20Is. She has registered 10 half-centuries and a couple of four-wicket hauls.

Sophie Ecclestone: 

The world’s number one T20I bowler in women’s cricket has 82 wickets in 61 T20Is, including the best of 18/4. The wily left-arm spinner is an attacking bowler and a genuine wicket-taker. Besides her bowling, she can be handy with the bat lower down the order.

Also Read:  Smriti Mandhana makes a Funny Remark during Presentation Ceremony

Hayley Matthews: 

The captain of the West Indies is an attacking right-handed opening batter and a right-arm off-spinner. She is the world’s number two T20I all-rounder in women’s cricket. In her 69 T20Is, she has muscled 1252 runs, including the best of 107 not out. She has scalped 66 wickets, including three four-fers.

Afy Fletcher: 

The talented right-arm leg-spinner of the West Indies has 55 T20Is under her belt. She has picked up 49 wickets, including one fifer and four-fer. She bowls at an economy rate of under six runs per over and averages below 20. She is very effective in the middle overs.

Pitch

The venue has hosted 15 women’s T20Is so far. The teams batting first have won five, and the teams batting second have won eight, with one game going to the super over and the other not producing a result. The highest total scored is 165, and the lowest total scored is 71. A high-scoring contest could be on the cards with the kind of batting firepower that the two teams possess.

Weather

The weather is expected to be mostly sunny and pleasant. The highest temperature attained during the day will be 28 degrees Celsius. There will be a 17 percent cloud cover and a four percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the west-northwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Amy Jones, Kycia Knight, Danielle Wyatt, Sophia Dunkley, Heather Knight, Natalie Sciver, Chinelle Henry, Hayley Matthews, Katherine Brunt, Afy Fletcher, Sophie Ecclestone

Match Details

Date: December 12, 2022

Time: 3.30 AM IST (6 PM LOCAL, December 11)

Also Read:  England beat West Indies by 49 Runs to take 4-0 Series lead

Venue: Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound, Antigua

Live Streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here