2nd ODI: England v West Indies | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

The second ODI of the three-match series between England and West Indies will be played on December 6 at the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium in North Sound, Antigua. The game will begin at 11.30 PM IST. England lead the series 1-0.

2nd ODI: England v West Indies Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming
2nd ODI: England v West Indies Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

In the first ODI, batting first, England posted a mammoth 307/7 in 50 overs, riding on Natalie Sciver’s scintillating 90. West Indies’ Chinelle Henry was the pick of the bowlers for her team, with three scalps. In reply, the hosts were bundled out for 165 in 40.3 overs, losing the game by a massive margin of 142 runs. Charlotte Dean wreaked havoc with the ball for England with a four-wicket haul, while for West Indies, Kycia Knight top-scored with 39.

Squads

England: Heather Knight (C), Tammy Beaumont, Lauren Bell, Alice Capsey, Kate Cross, Alice Davidson-Richards, Freya Davies, Charlotte Dean, Sophia Dunkley, Sophie Ecclestone, Amy Jones, Freya Kemp, Emma Lamb, Natalie Sciver, Danielle Wyatt

West Indies: Hayley Matthews (C), Shakera Selman (VC), Aaliyah Alleyne, Shemaine Campbelle, Afy Fletcher, Cherry Ann Fraser, Shabika Gajnabi, Sheneta Grimmond, Chinelle Henry, Kycia Knight, Chedean Nation, Karishma Ramharack, Kaysia Schultz, Rashada Williams

Players to watch

Natalie Sciver: 

The right-handed middle-order batter of England won the player of the match award in the first ODI against the West Indies. She muscled 90 off 96, including nine hits to the fence. The prolific batter held the batting innings together as she was there in the middle from the seventh to the 40th over. With the ball, she conceded 20 runs in four overs.

Also Read:  5th T20I: England v West Indies | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

Charlotte Dean: 

The wily right-arm off-spinner of England was the wrecker-in-chief in the first ODI against the West Indies. She claimed her fourth four-wicket haul in ODIs as she struck with 35/4 in nine overs, including a double strike in the 36th over. With the bat, she scored seven not out off six and can be handy lower down the order.

Kycia Knight:

The wicket-keeper and left-handed top-order batter of the West Indies fought hard for her 39 off 61 in the first ODI against England. The southpaw peppered the boundary rope four times in her gritty innings. Behind the stumps, she accounted for a couple of catches. She had a good outing with the bat and gloves.

Chinelle Henry: 

The right-arm quick of the West Indies was the most successful bowler for her side in the first ODI against England. She opened the bowling and accounted for 59/3 in 10 overs, including one maiden. She was effective with the new ball and towards the business end of the innings.

Pitch

It will be the second match of the series at this venue. The last game saw 472 runs being scored. 17 wickets fell in the process. The wicket looks good for batting. However, there is something in the pitch for the bowlers, provided they hit the right straps consistently.

Weather

The weather is expected to be partly sunny and beautiful. The highest temperature attained during the day will be 29 degrees Celsius. There will be a 35 percent cloud cover and a two percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the north.

Also Read:  England eke out a victory against West Indies in 2nd T20I by 16 Runs

Fantasy Playing XI

Kycia Knight, Danielle Wyatt, Tammy Beaumont, Heather Knight, Natalie Sciver, Chinelle Henry, Hayley Matthews, Charlotte Dean, Kate Cross, Afy Fletcher, Sophie Ecclestone

Match Details

Date: December 6, 2022

Time: 11.30 PM IST

Venue: Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound, Antigua

Live Streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here