Heather Knight is set to make a comeback after successful Hip Surgery

The England women’s team are scheduled to tour the Caribbean early next month for a 3-match One-Day International (ODI) series and a 5-match Twenty20 International (T20I) series as well which will serve the sides a healthy contest in their lead-up to the upcoming ICC T20 Women’s World Cup which by then will be just around the corner.

Heather Knight. Pic Credits: wisden.com
Heather Knight. PC: Getty Images

It hasn’t been long since England’s upcoming 8-match white-ball series against the West Indies is announced and the visitors have received a double boost on learning the return of their senior players on the card.

Heather Knight early in the summer during England’s last, Twenty20 International (T20I) leg of the multi-format series against South Africa suffered an injury to her hip and so much so that she underwent surgery. In the process, including the rehabilitation, Heather Knight missed leading England during the home Commonwealth Games, The Hundred, a home bilateral series against India and the ongoing 8th edition of the Women’s Big Bash League (W-BBL) in Australia.

After 5 long months, Heather Knight when early in December takes the field is keen to cash in the cricket she missed since her injury. Speaking to ESPN Cricinfo, Heather Knight, said, “It feels like it’s been a long old rehab but I’ve just come good the last couple of weeks and am getting back to pretty much full training now.

“Fielding has probably been the one thing that’s been a little bit niggly and a little bit of pain, but I’ve had a really good couple of days so I’m fit to go to the West Indies, which is great. It’s just the last couple of weeks, certain positions that the hip didn’t really like, but the last few days it’s been good as gold so I’m ready to get back and play.”

Heather Knight’s hip operation had her repair torn tissue and damaged cartilage and remove a piece of bone in her right hip joint. Addressing the same, Heather Knight said, “It’s actually a much healthier, better hip joint than it was. It hadn’t been an issue that was on the radar, but I played in one of those T20s against South Africa and it flared up really badly and I knew it was something new that was not good.”

Also Read:  England eke out a victory against West Indies in 2nd T20I by 16 Runs

The three ODI’s will be a part of the ongoing ICC Women’s Championship, 2022-25 cycle that sees England seeded 7th as they are yet to bank in their first couple of points following their clean sweep home series defeat to India. With Heather Knight back in, England will look to start fresh and to add more delight to the English fans, there’s an update on a senior player, Nat Sciver too learnt to mark her return alongside, Heather Knight.

Stand-in skipper, Nat Sciver days before the start of the series against India had pulled out to prioritize her mental well being and Heather Knight further in the same interview clarified the news on Nat Sciver being back at training with English players and is “going good”.

England Women’s tour of West Indies 2022

DATE EVENT TIME (GMT) VENUE
04-Dec-2022 1st ODI 6:00 PM
Sir Vivian Richards Cricket Ground, Antigua
06-Dec-2022 2nd ODI 6:00 PM
09-Dec-2022 3rd ODI 6:00 PM
11-Dec-2022 1st T20I 10:00 PM Sir Vivian Richards Cricket Ground, Antigua
14-Dec-2022 2nd T20I 10:00 PM
Kensington Oval, Barbados
17-Dec-2022 3rd T20I 10:00 PM
18-Dec-2022 4th T20I 10:00 PM
22-Dec-2022 5th T20I 10:00 PM