Schedule: Australia to play 5 T20Is against India from 9 to 20th December

The upcoming and highly awaited, Australia’s tour of India, has its official dates announced by the Board of Control for Cricket in India. The series will see the fiery rivalry between the two sides come under the spotlight for the fourth time this year. After 3 one-off games, the two sides, this time around are set for an action-packed 5-match Twenty20 Internationals (T20I) bilateral series starting the mid-next month.

Schedule: Australia to play 5 T20Is against India from 9 to 20th December. PC: Getty Images
Schedule: Australia to play 5 T20Is against India from 9 to 20th December. PC: Getty Images

The official series announcement falls within expected lines which see the Australian players arriving in India post the completion of the ongoing 8th edition of the Women’s Big Bash League (WBBL) which has its final scheduled for the 26th of November and returning home well in time for Christmas.

The 5-match T20I series between India and Australia will get underway on the 9th of December and will have games followed on the 11th, 14th, 17th and 20th of December. As reported earlier, all of the 5 T20I games of the series will be played in Mumbai and with no official confirmation on the start time, reportedly it’s understood to be an 11:30 AM Indian Standard Time (IST) start.

Australia Women’s tour of India 2022

DATE DAY EVENT VENUE
09-12-2022 Friday 1st T20I
D.Y. Patil Stadium
11-12-2022 Sunday 2nd T20I
14-12-2022 Wednesday 3rd T20I
CCI-Brabourne Stadium
17-12-2022 Saturday 4th T20I
20-12-2022 Tuesday 5th T20I

While the series is a very crucial one for both sides, it maybe is a little more for Australia as they for the first time as a team test themselves without fielding their best XI following the retirement of Rachael Haynes, injuries to Sophie Molineux, Georgia Redmayne, Tayla Vlaeminck and Meg Lanning’s absence.

Also Read:  What must India do to win against mighty Australia?

As the upcoming ICC Women’s T20 World Cup looms, Australia has got a big task in hand and that’s to defend the title. The series against India for a reason again is a much more crucial one to Australia than it is to India because the side in their lead-up to the 2023 South Africa T20 World Cup play Pakistan, while India has got a Tri-Series in waiting against two quality teams in South Africa and the West Indies to make final calls on the best XI.

While squads from both Australia and India are awaited, the lead-up of both sides to the series sees, Australian players come on the back of a strong W-BBL season and the Indians players following their ongoing and highly competitive domestic fixtures. With the two sides coming together for a series on the back of plenty of cricket, there shouldn’t be a shadow of a doubt in the quality of cricket that awaits in store.

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here