West Indies to host England for 3 ODIs and 5 T20Is starting 4th December

Cricket West Indies have announced that they will be hosting England’s women’s team for a 3-match One-Day International (ODI) series and much more importantly a 5-match Twenty20 International (T20I) series early in December. For the two sides, the series will serve as a healthy lead-up heading to the ICC T20 Women’s World Cup which by then will be just around the corner.

West Indies to host England for 3 ODIs and 5 T20Is starting 4th December. PC: Getty Images
West Indies to host England for 3 ODIs and 5 T20Is starting 4th December. PC: Getty Images

ICC CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS :

The three ODI’s will be a part of the ongoing ICC Women’s Championship, 2022-25 cycle that sees England seeded 7th as they are yet to get off the mark following their clean sweep home series defeat to India. Whereas, West Indies having won a game in their recent series against New Zealand are seeded 5th having got their first set of two points on the board.

RECENT SERIES :

Hosts, West Indies had New Zealand on tour in September and the 3-match low-scoring ODI series produce three intriguing games which saw West Indies after failing to get over the line on the first two occasions, managed to bag a win in the third game and saved a possible white-wash.

Visitors, England had last played India in a 3-match ODI series at home that they went on to lose poorly. England didn’t have their best 3 players participate and with youngsters not creating a similar impact, the side suffered a clean sweep series defeat.

England Women’s tour of West Indies 2022

DATE EVENT TIME (GMT) VENUE
04-Dec-2022 1st ODI 6:00 PM
Sir Vivian Richards Cricket Ground, Antigua
06-Dec-2022 2nd ODI 6:00 PM
09-Dec-2022 3rd ODI 6:00 PM
11-Dec-2022 1st T20I 10:00 PM Sir Vivian Richards Cricket Ground, Antigua
14-Dec-2022 2nd T20I 10:00 PM
Kensington Oval, Barbados
17-Dec-2022 3rd T20I 10:00 PM
18-Dec-2022 4th T20I 10:00 PM
22-Dec-2022 5th T20I 10:00 PM
Also Read:  England beat West Indies by 49 Runs to take 4-0 Series lead

Jonathan Finch, Director of England women’s cricket said, “We’re happy to be able to release the schedule for the tour of the West Indies. It’s always a great place to visit and with a new Head Coach soon to come on board it’s the beginning of a new cycle for this team.

“The West Indies series sees our first overseas round of the ICC Women’s Championship and it’s key we get some points on the board. The tour also plays an important role in preparing for the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup early next year.”

The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) recently unveiled their 18-strong centrally contracted players list which had each of Alice Capsey, Freya Kemp, Emma Lamb, Lauren Bell Issy Wong and Charlie Dean earn their 1st central contracts.

Alice Capsey and Lauren handed over ECB's Central Contracts for 2022-23 Season. PC: Getty Images
Alice Capsey and Lauren handed over ECB’s Central Contracts for 2022-23 Season. PC: Getty Images

ECB for the series is soon expected to name the squad, but before that have got on the table a couple of key questions to be addressed. One, on the availability of skipper, Heather Knight who has missed action following hip surgery and two, to decide on a name as the side’s head coach following Lisa Keightley’s decision in opting against a contract extension.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here