Analysing India A squad for Emerging Women’s Asia Cup

The Indian cricket realm, India A, is all set to participate in the inaugural T20 Women’s Emerging Teams Asia Cup, organized by the Asian Cricket Council (ACC). This tournament aims to provide a platform for the development of women’s cricket. The event will take place in Hong Kong from June 12 to June 21. India A has selected a squad consisting primarily of talented players from the victorious Under-19 team that clinched the ICC Under-19 Women’s World Cup.

Which 14 Players are picked in India A squad for Emerging Women's Asia Cup? PC: Getty Images
Which 14 Players are picked in India A squad for Emerging Women’s Asia Cup? PC: Getty Images

Leading the team of 14 players is Shweta Sehrawat, an exceptional opening batter who also captained the triumphant Under-19 side. Sehrawat is joined by her teammate Soumya Tiwari, an impressive top-order batter, who will serve as her deputy during the tournament.

India A squad includes seven members from the Under-19 World Cup-winning team, namely Sehrawat, Tiwari, G Trisha, Titas Sadhu, Parshavi Chopra, Mannat Kashyap, and Yashasri S. Their valuable experience and success in the global event make them significant assets to the team.

In addition to the Under-19 stars, the squad also features standout performers from the Women’s Premier League (WPL), Kanika Ahuja, and Shreyanka Patil. These two players showcased their skills in the inaugural edition of the WPL, representing Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB). Alongside them is Parshavi, who impressed while playing for the UP Warriorz in the WPL.

The team’s composition is further strengthened by young domestic talents who have displayed excellent performances in various domestic competitions. Kashvee Gautam, a pace bowling all-rounder from Chandigarh, will bolster the pace attack alongside Sadhu and Yashasri.

The team boasts two competent wicket-keepers: Mamatha Madiwala and Uma Chetry from Assam. Their inclusion provides a solid foundation behind the stumps and ensures strategic options for the team’s playing XI.

India A has been placed in Group A for the tournament and is scheduled to face the host nation, Hong Kong, on June 13. Subsequently, they will compete against Thailand on June 15 and conclude their group-stage matches against Pakistan. Group B comprises Bangladesh, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, and the United Arab Emirates.

With a well-rounded squad featuring promising young talents, experienced campaigners, and players who have already tasted success at different levels, India A is poised to make a mark in the inaugural T20 Women’s Emerging Teams Asia Cup.

Squad: Shweta Sehrawat (c), Soumya Tiwari (vc), G Trisha, Muskan Malik, Shreyanka Patil, Kanika Ahuja, Uma Chetry (wk), Mamatha Madiwala (wk), Titas Sadhu, Yashasri S, Kashvee Gautam, Parshavi Chopra, Mannat Kashyap, B Anusha

Sports have always been a huge part of my life, and having played cricket professionally for my state team, I gained a deeper understanding of what it takes to succeed in the world of sports. With an eye for detail and passion for sports, I’m hoping to make a lasting impact in the sports industry.

Also Read:  India's ODI and T20I Squad against Australia declared, Shreyanka Patil and Saika Ishaque earn maiden call-ups
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here