Analysing Pakistan A squad for Emerging Women’s Asia Cup 2023

The Pakistan A team, led by captain Fatima Sana, is set to take part in the ACC Women’s Emerging Teams Asia Cup in Hong Kong. The tournament, scheduled to take place from June 12 to June 21, will feature eight teams competing in T20 matches.

Fatima Sana to lead Pakistan A squad in Women's Emerging Women's Asia Cup 2023. PC: Getty Images
Fatima Sana to lead Pakistan A squad in Women’s Emerging Women’s Asia Cup 2023. PC: Getty Images

Prior to the camp, the players also participated in the first phase of the Pakistan Cup Women’s Cricket Tournament held in Karachi last month, representing the Strikers team.

Apart from captain Fatima Sana, six players in the squad have already represented the Pakistan women’s team in international cricket. These players include Gull Feroza (2 T20Is), Natalia Parvaiz (3 ODIs, 11 T20Is), Sadaf Shamas (4 ODIs, 2 T20Is), Syeda Aroob Shah (2 ODIs, 5 T20Is), Tuba Hassan (1 ODI, 21 T20Is), and Umm-e-Hani (1 ODI).

In addition to Aroob, three players—Anoosha Nasir, Eyman Fatima, and Shawaal Zulfiqar—gained experience representing Pakistan U19 in the inaugural edition of the ICC U19 Women’s T20 World Cup in South Africa earlier this year.

Captain Fatima Sana expressed her confidence in the team, stating that the training camp in Karachi has provided a strong foundation for their journey in the ACC Women’s Emerging Teams Asia Cup. Being in Group A, the team faces formidable opponents in Nepal, hosts Hong Kong, and India A. Fatima Sana emphasizes the importance of approaching each match with determination, resilience, and a never-give-up attitude.

The squad for the Pakistan A team includes Fatima Sana (captain), Anoosha Nasir, Eyman Fatima, Gull Feroza, Gulrukh, Lubna Behram, Najiha Alvi (wicketkeeper), Natalia Parvaiz, Sadaf Shamas, Shawaal Zulfiqar, Syeda Aroob Shah, Tuba Hassan, Umm-e-Hani, and Yusra Amir. The reserves for the team are Amber Kainat, Dua Majid, Fatima Khan, and Rameen Shamim.

To know more about Women’s Emerging Asia Cup 2023, watch here

Fatima Sana’s appointment as captain was a result of her impressive leadership during the Pakistan Cup Women’s Cricket Tournament, where she led the Strikers team, consisting of probables for this squad, to victories in all three matches. She also captained the Blasters team to success in the T20 Championship held in Lahore in December.

With a talented squad and a captain who has displayed strong leadership qualities, the Pakistan A team is ready to compete in the ACC Emerging Women’s T20 Asia Cup and aims to make a mark in the tournament.

Sports have always been a huge part of my life, and having played cricket professionally for my state team, I gained a deeper understanding of what it takes to succeed in the world of sports. With an eye for detail and passion for sports, I’m hoping to make a lasting impact in the sports industry.

Also Read:  ACC Emerging Women’s Asia Cup 2023 Schedule Announced
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here