Final Match – Namibia vs Zimbabwe Women | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

The final match of the Capricorn Women’s Tri-Series 2022 will be played between Namibia and Zimbabwe at Windhoek in Namibia on April 26.

Match preview: Namibia v Zimbabwe

Zimbabwe Women's Cricket Team. PC: Twitter
Zimbabwe Women’s Cricket Team. PC: Twitter

Head to Head

Namibia and Zimbabwe have played 10 T20Is against each other. Out of that, Zimbabwe have won nine and Namibia have won one.

Squads

Namibia: Irene van Zyl (c), Jurriene Diergaardt, Dietlind Foerster, Kayleen Green, Mezerly Gorases, Victoria Hamunyela, Yasmeen Khan (wk), Mekelaye Mwatile, Wilka Mwatile, Sylvia Shihepo, Namusha Shiomwenyo, Adri van der Merwe, Edelle van Zyl, Sune Wittmann 

Zimbabwe: Mary-Anne Musonda (c), Francisca Chipare, Nyasha Gwanzura, Sharne Mayers, Precious Marange, Mitchell Mavunga, Chipo Mugeri-Tiripano, Pellagia Mujaji, Modester Mupachikwa, Anesu Mushangwe, Kelis Ndlovu, Ashley Ndiraya, Josephine Nkomo, Loryn Phiri, Nomvelo Sibanda

Players to watch out for

Jurriene Diergaardt: 

This right handed batter from Namibia is the leading run getter for her team in the ongoing tri-nation series. She is the second highest overall with 141 runs in five matches, including one half century and the best of 62 not out.  

Sune Wittmann: 

She is a genuine all-rounder in the Namibian ranks. With the ball, the right arm seamer has picked up nine wickets in five innings, including a five-wicket haul. Apart from this, she is a solid right handed opening batter.

Chipo Mugeri-Tiripano: 

This left handed batter of Zimbabwe is the highest run getter in the tournament with 159 runs in four innings. She has struck a half-century and has the best score of 80. Her strike rate is 123 and her average is 53.

Also Read:  Preview: Match 9 - Zimbabwe vs United States Women | Fantasy Playing XI | Players to watch | Squad

Anesu Mushangwe: 

She is the most successful bowler for Zimbabwe in the tournament. The wily leg spinner has scalped eight wickets in six matches, including the best of 2-7. She bowls at an economy rate of just four runs per over.

Pitch

A high-scoring contest could be on the cards as both the teams will fight hard in the finals. Batters will have to take their time to assess the conditions. On the other hand, the bowlers may look to make good use of the slowing conditions due to the wear and tear that the venue has undergone through the course of this competition.

Weather

The weather is expected to be partly sunny and pleasant in the afternoon and mainly clear in the evening. The average temperature will drop from 27 degrees Celsius in the afternoon to 17 degrees Celsius in the evening. There will be 58 percent cloud cover in the afternoon and 14 percent cloud cover in the evening. There is no chance of rain either. The wind will blow from the north-northwest in the afternoon and southeast in the evening.

Fantasy Playing XI

Kayleen Green, Chipo Mugeri-Tiripano, Sharne Mayers, Jurriene Diergaardt, Sune Wittmann, Josephine Nkomo, Kellies Ndlovu, Precious Marange, Anesu Mushangwe, Wilka Mwatile, Francesca Chipare

Match Details

Date: April 26, 2022

Time: 5.30pm IST

Venue: Windhoek, Namibia

Live Streaming: Cricket Namibia Facebook page.

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Women's Quadrangular Series in UAE 2022 | Squad, Schedule, Team, Timings, Live Streaming
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here