Match 8 – Namibia vs Zimbabwe Women | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

The eighth match of the Namibia – Uganda – Zimbabwe tri-nation T20I series will be played between Namibia and Zimbabwe at Windhoek in Namibia on April 24.

Yasmeen Khan in action against Zimbabwe. PC: Supplied
Yasmeen Khan in action against Zimbabwe. PC: Supplied

Match preview: Namibia v Zimbabwe

Head to Head

Namibia and Zimbabwe have played nine T20Is against each other. Zimbabwe have eight while Namibia have won one

Squads

Namibia: Irene van Zyl (c), Jurriene Diergaardt, Dietlind Foerster, Kayleen Green, Mezerly Gorases, Victoria Hamunyela, Yasmeen Khan (wk), Mekelaye Mwatile, Wilka Mwatile, Sylvia Shihepo, Namusha Shiomwenyo, Adri van der Merwe, Edelle van Zyl, Sune Wittmann 

Zimbabwe: Mary-Anne Musonda (c), Francisca Chipare, Nyasha Gwanzura, Sharne Mayers, Precious Marange, Mitchell Mavunga, Chipo Mugeri-Tiripano, Pellagia Mujaji, Modester Mupachikwa, Anesu Mushangwe, Kelis Ndlovu, Ashley Ndiraya, Josephine Nkomo, Loryn Phiri, Nomvelo Sibanda

Players to watch out for

Dietlind Foerster: This right handed batter of Namibia top scored with an unbeaten 19 off 16 balls, including three boundaries. She made a useful contribution lower down the order when her team was losing wickets at regular intervals.

Sune Wittmann: This Namibian all-rounder wreaked havoc with the ball as she struck with 5-10 in four overs against Uganda in the last match. The right arm speedster bowled well with the new ball and inside the powerplay. She also scored 10 runs off 21 balls opening the batting.

Kelis Ndlovu: This left handed opening batter of Zimbabwe top scored with 27 runs off 34 balls, including three boundaries and a six against Uganda in the last match. She set a solid foundation for her team by providing them with a steady start.

Also Read:  Match 9 – Namibia vs Uganda Women | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

Anesu Mushangwe: The right arm leg spinner of Zimbabwe was the pick of the bowlers in her last outing against Namibia. She scalped 2-8 in four overs bowling exceedingly well in the middle overs. She did not concede a single extra in her spell. 

Pitch

The last match that was played here saw as many as 17 wickets going down. The wicket seems to be on the slower side making it difficult for the batters to score freely. On the other hand, bowlers will relish these conditions.

Weather

The weather is expected to be sunny and pleasant in the afternoon and clear in the evening. The average temperature will drop from 26 degrees Celsius in the afternoon to 14 degrees Celsius in the evening. There will be 17 percent cloud cover in the afternoon and no cloud cover in the evening. There is no chance of rain either. The wind will blow from the west-southwest in the afternoon and south-southwest in the evening.

Fantasy Playing XI

Kayleen Green, Jurriene Diergaardt, Mary-Anne Musonda, Dietlind Foerester, Sune Wittmann, Josephine Nkomo, Precious Marange, Kelis Ndlovu, Anesu Mushangwe, Michelle Mavunga, Wilka Mwatile

Match Details

Date: April 24, 2022

Time: 6pm IST

Venue: Windhoek, Namibia

Live Streaming: Cricket Namibia Facebook page

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Match 4: South Africa Emerging vs Zimbabwe | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here