Match 2 – Namibia vs Uganda Women | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

The second match of the Namibia – Uganda – Zimbabwe tri-nation T20I series will be played between Namibia and Uganda at Windhoek in Namibia on April 21.

Match preview: Namibia v Zimbabwe

Uganda Women's Cricket Team in Namibia for Capricorn Women's T20 Series 2022. PC: Twitter
Uganda Women’s Cricket Team in Namibia for Capricorn Women’s T20 Series 2022. PC: Twitter

Head to Head

Namibia and Uganda have played two T20Is against each other. Namibia have won both their matches.

Squads

Namibia: Irene van Zyl (c), Jurriene Diergaardt, Dietlind Foerster, Kayleen Green, Mezerly Gorases, Victoria Hamunyela, Yasmeen Khan (wk), Mekelaye Mwatile, Wilka Mwatile, Sylvia Shihepo, Namusha Shiomwenyo, Adri van der Merwe, Edelle van Zyl, Sune Wittmann

Uganda: Concy Aweko (c), Janet Mbabazi (vc), Sarah Akiteng, Evelyn Anyipo, Kevin Awino, Leona Babirye, Naome Bagenda, Susan Kakai, Phiona Kulume, Patricia Malemikia, Jimia Mohammed, Rita Musamali, Rita Nyagendo, Shakirah Sadick

Players to watch out for

Sune Wittman:

This Namibian all-rounder had a good start to the tri-nation T20I series. With the ball, the right arm seamer picked up 1-19 in three overs and with the bat, the opening batter scored 10 runs off six balls. She also accounted for one run out.

Jurriene Diergaardt:

She won the player of the match for her match winning batting performance. The right handed opening batter mustered 62 not out off 60 balls, including two boundaries and three sixes. She led the run chase from the front and helped Namibia register their first ever win against Zimbabwe in a women’s T20I.

Rita Musamali:

She is a right handed batter from Uganda who has featured in 25 T20Is since 2018. She has scored 441 runs, including one T20I century and one T20I half century. She has the best score of 103 not out and a career strike rate of close to 90. She can also roll her arm over to bowl right arm medium pace. She has six wickets in 14 innings to her name.

Also Read:  Match 9 – Namibia vs Uganda Women | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

Janet Mbabazi:

This right handed batter from Uganda has played 18 T20Is since 2018. She has registered 82 runs in 14 innings and with the ball she has claimed eight wickets in nine innings, including the best of 3-24.

Pitch

More than 250 runs were scored in the last match that was played at this venue. It seems to be a batting friendly wicket. However if the bowlers bowl disciplined lines and lengths, they can yield rich dividends.

Weather

The weather is expected to be partly sunny and pleasant. The average temperature will be around 22 degrees Celsius. There will be a cloud cover of 45 percent with no chance of rain. The wind will blow from the north-east.

Fantasy Playing XI

Kayleen Green, Jurriene Diergaardt, Adri van der Merwe, Sylvia Shihepo, Rita Musamali, Sune Wittmann, Irene van Zyl, Janet Mbabazi, Wilka Mwatile, Consylate Aweko, Patricia Malemikia

Match Details

Date: April 21, 2022

Time: 1pm IST

Venue: Windhoek, Namibia

Live Streaming: Cricket Namibia Facebook page.

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here