Final: India v Australia Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The final women’s T20I match of the 2022 Commonwealth Games will be played between India and Australia on August 7 at Edgbaston in Birmingham. The match will start at 9.30PM IST.

In the semi-finals, while India beat England by four runs, Australia, on the other hand, defeated New Zealand by five wickets. The winner of this match will win the gold medal, while the loser will settle for the silver medal at the Commonwealth Games.

Final: India v Australia Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Squads

India: Harmanpreet Kaur (c), Smriti Mandhana, Shafali Verma, Sabbhineni Meghana, Taniya Sapna Bhatia, Yastika Bhatia, Deepti Sharma, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Pooja Vastrakar, Meghna Singh, Renuka Thakur, Jemimah Rodrigues, Radha Yadav, Harleen Deol, Sneh Rana

Australia: Meg Lanning (c), Rachael Haynes, Darcie Brown, Nicola Carey, Ashleigh Gardner, Grace Harris, Alyssa Healy, Jess Jonassen, Alana King, Tahlia McGrath, Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Megan Schutt, Annabel Sutherland, Amanda-Jade Wellington

Last 5 performances

While India have won four out of their last five matches, Australia, on the other hand, have won all their last five matches. 

Head-to-Head

India and Australia have played 24 T20Is against each other, out of which Australia have won 16, India have won seven, and one match did not produce a result.

Players to watch

Harmanpreet Kaur: 

The captain of India, who is a right-handed middle order batter has scored one half-century in three innings in which she has batted in this competition. In addition to this, she also has one wicket to her name, bowling right arm off spin. Though she has blown hot and cold in this competition, she is a big match player and is expected to deliver in the finals.

Also Read:  Date Announced for the Women’s T20 Cricket Event at 2022 Birmingham Commonwealth Games

Smriti Mandhana: 

The left-handed opening batter of India is the leading run scorer in this tournament with 152 runs in four matches, including two consecutive half-centuries. She averages 51 and has a stellar strike rate of 156. She has looked in good touch and will be expected to give a good start with the bat.

Renuka Singh Thakur: 

The right arm speedster from India is the highest wicket-taker in this tournament so far. In her four outings, she has scalped nine wickets, including a couple of four-wicket hauls. She opens the bowling and is a good new ball bowler, who can swing the ball both ways.

Meg Lanning: 

The captain of Australia has scored 55 runs in four matches of this competition, including the best of 36 not out. Though she has not been in the best of forms in this tournament, this right-handed top order batter will be required to shoulder the batting responsibility of her team and lead from the front.

Alana King: 

The wily leg spinner from Australia has picked up five wickets in four matches of this tournament. She has scalped one four wicket-haul as well. She has bowled tight lines and lengths and has an economy rate of just over five and a half runs per over.

Tahlia McGrath: 

This talented all-rounder from Australia has made useful contributions with both bat and ball in this tournament so far. The right-handed middle order batter has muscled 126 runs and claimed eight wickets, bowling right arm medium pace. She is the leading run scorer and highest wicket-taker for Australia in this competition.

Also Read:  Ellyse Perry becomes first player to feature in 10 Women's Ashes series

Pitch

The venue hosted a couple of semi-finals yesterday. Based on those two matches, the average first innings score is 154 and the average second innings score is 153. The wicket is expected to be batting friendly. A high scoring game is on the cards. On the other hand, among the bowlers, the spinners could play a key role.

Weather

The weather is expected to be pleasant with sunshine and some clouds. The maximum temperature forecast is 24 degrees Celsius. There will be 37 percent cloud cover and just four percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the north-west.

Fantasy Playing XI

Alyssa Healy, Beth Mooney, Meg Lanning, Shafali Verma, Smriti Mandhana, Deepti Sharma, Harmanpreet Kaur, Tahlia McGrath, Alana King, Jess Jonassen, Renuka Singh Thakur

Upcoming Milestones

• Harmanpreet Kaur is 17 runs away from completing 2500 T20I runs. She will become the 1st Indian and seventh overall to achieve the feat in women’s T20Is.
  • Rajeshwari Gayakwad is 5 wickets away from completing 50 T20I wickets. She will become the 6th Indian to do so.

Match details

Date: August 7, 2022

Time: 9.30PM IST

Venue: Edgbaston, Birmingham

Live streaming: Sony LIV app, Sony Sports Network

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here