Katherine Brunt receives cap on completing 100 T20I Matches for England

Host nation England’s debut game at the Commonwealth Games against Sri Lanka on 30th of July got a touch special to all involved and especially Katherine Helen Brunt as the 37-year-old strong-going pacer received her 100th T20I cap from great mate Isa Guha.

Katherine Brunt receives cap on completing 100 T20I Matches for England. PC: Getty Images
Katherine Brunt receives cap on completing 100 T20I Matches for England. PC: Getty Images

Katherine Brunt first burst into the international scene way back in 2004 in Taunton with England playing New Zealand in a Test match. The bowler who could swing the cherry made an impact straightaway and was then roped in the ODI setup and finally the T20I unit late in 2005 against Australia. It was the 2nd T20I game in women’s cricket and Katherine Brunt’s first in which she registered figures of 3/18 to cement her place in an English shirt across all formats.

A permanent feature in the English colours, Katherine Brunt recently got to her 100th T20I wicket and is now England’s highest wicket-taker in the T20I format across both men’s and women’s cricket. A look at the stats of the undisputed great who in 100 matches has got to 104 wickets with an excellent economy rate of 5.49 registering the best figures of 4/15. Stunningly she’s bowled as many as 15 maidens and holds a healthy average of 18.71.

Katherine Brunt’s 100th T20I outing saw her give a reward to herself straightaway as she got England’s innings underway with a wicket first ball. That simply was Katherine Brunt being at her absolute best having struck a wicket first ball by trapping a right-hander lbw and topped it with figures of 2-0-5-1 in the powerplay. Her 3rd and final over of the day after the powerplay saw her finish her 100th T20I capped outing with figures of 3-0-8-1. Those figures are simply very Katherine Brunt.

Also Read:  Sophie Devine completes 100 T20I Wickets, First New Zealand Bowler to this Milestone

We can all agree to it that there’s no better feeling than representing your nation across any discipline and for Katherine Brunt to have done it 100 times in the shortest format alone simply equals the richness of her stature in international cricket and also dictates the class Katherine Brunt posses and the exceptional career she’s created for herself.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here