Match 4: England v Sri Lanka Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The fourth women’s T20I in the 2022 Commonwealth Games will be played between England and Sri Lanka on July 30 at Edgbaston in Birmingham. The match will start at 10.30 PM IST.

Match 4: England v Sri Lanka Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Squads

England: Heather Knight (c), Maia Bouchier, Katherine Brunt, Alice Capsey, Kate Cross, Freya Davies, Sophia Dunkley, Sophie Ecclestone, Sarah Glenn, Amy Jones, Freya Kemp, Nat Sciver, Bryony Smith, Issy Wong, Danni Wyatt

Sri Lanka: Chamari Athapaththu (c), Hasini Perera, Harshitha Samarawickrama, Vishmi Gunaratne, Malsha Shehani, Nilakshi de Silva, Kavisha Dilhari, Ama Kanchana, Achini Kulasuriya, Inoka Ranaweera, Udeshika Prabodhani, Sugandika Kumari, Rashmi de Silva, Oshadi Ranasinghe, Anushka Sanjeewani

Last 5 performances

While England have won three out of their last five matches, with two matches producing no result, Sri Lanka, on the other hand, have won one and lost four.

Head-to-Head

England and Sri Lanka have played eight T20Is against each other and England have won all of them.

Players to watch

Sophia Dunkley: 

The right-handed batter of England has looked an altogether different player since the day she has started opening in the T20I format. She has opened the batting in three matches and scored 82 runs, including one half-century, at a strike rate of 149. Overall, she has played 26 T20Is and scored 241 runs. Apart from her batting, she can roll her arm over to bowl a bit of leg spin.

Natalie Sciver: 

She is one of the best all-rounders in the world. This right-handed middle order batter and right arm medium pace bowler of England has featured in 94 T20Is. She has muscled 1804 runs, including 10 half-centuries. She has also accounted for 73 wickets, including a couple of four-wicket hauls.

Also Read:  Chamari Athapaththu to lead Sri Lanka in 3 ODI and 3 T20Is in Pakistan

Sophie Ecclestone: 

This wily left arm spinner from England is the world number T20I bowler. She has claimed 73 wickets in 53 T20Is. She bowls at an economy rate of under six runs per over. She can bowl well with the new ball as well as in the death overs.

Chamari Athapaththu: 

The captain of Sri Lanka is the best all-rounder in the side. She is a left-handed opening batter and a right arm off spinner. With 95 T20Is under her belt, this experienced campaigner has mustered 2054 runs, including one century and five half-centuries. She also has 31 wickets to her name.

Inoka Ranaweera: 

She is a left arm spinner from Sri Lanka, who has been around at the international level for a decade. In her 51 T20Is, she has scalped 49 wickets, at an average of 20.79 and economy rate of 5.84 runs per over. She is a genuine wicket-taker.

Nilakshi de Silva: 

She is a right-handed middle order batter from Sri Lanka. She has played 49 T20Is and scored 448 runs. She is a technically sound batter and can hold the innings together. She scores at a decent strike rate of 96.13.

Pitch

A high scoring contest could be on the cards as the wicket is expected to be batting friendly. The outfield is fast. Bowlers will have to work hard to keep the batters at bay.

Weather

The weather is expected to see times of clouds and sun with a passing shower. The maximum temperature forecast is 24 degrees Celsius. There will be 70 percent cloud cover and 80 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the west.

Also Read:  Top 5 Young Guns to Watch Out in Commonwealth Women's Cricket Event

Fantasy Playing XI

Amy Jones, Anushka Sanjeewani, Danielle Wyatt, Nilakshi de Silva, Sophia Dunkley, Chamari Athapaththu, Natalie Sciver, Inoka Ranaweera, Katherine Brunt, Oshadi Ranasinghe, Sophie Ecclestone

Upcoming milestones

• Katherine Brunt will play her 100th WT20I. She will become the 3rd player from England to achieve the feat.
  • Amy Jones is 10 runs away from completing 1000 WT20I runs. She will become the 8th player from England to do so.
  • Nilakshi de Silva will play her 50th WT20I. She will become the 10th player from Sri Lanka to achieve the feat.
  • Inoka Ranaweera is 1 wicket away from completing 50 WT20I wickets. She will become the 4th Sri Lankan to reach the milestone.

Match details

Date: July 30, 2022

Time: 10.30PM IST

Venue: Edgbaston, Birmingham

Live streaming: Sony LIV, Sony TEN

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here