Match 3: New Zealand v South Africa | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The third women’s T20I in the 2022 Commonwealth Games will be played between New Zealand and South Africa on July 30 at Edgbaston in Birmingham. The match will start at 3.30PM IST.

Match 3: New Zealand v South Africa | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Squads

New Zealand: Sophie Devine (c), Suzie Bates, Eden Carson, Izzy Gaze, Claudia Green, Maddy Green, Brooke Halliday, Hayley Jensen, Fran Jonas, Amelia Kerr, Rosemary Mair, Jess McFadyen, Georgia Plimmer, Hannah Rowe, Lea Tahuhu

South Africa: Suné Luus (c), Chloé Tryon, Anneke Bosch, Tazmin Brits, Nadine de Klerk, Mignon du Preez, Lara Goodall, Shabnim Ismail, Sinalo Jafta, Ayabonga Khaka, Masabata Klaas, Nonkululeko Mlaba,  Delmi Tucker, Laura Wolvaardt

Last 5 performances

While New Zealand have won two out of their last five matches, with one match producing no result, South Africa, on the other hand, have won two and lost three.

Head-to-Head

New Zealand and South Africa have played 11 T20Is against each other, out of which New Zealand have won nine and South Africa have won two.

Players to watch

Sophie Devine: 

The captain of New Zealand is one of the best all-rounders in the world. She is a right-handed opening batter and a right arm medium pace bowler. She has featured in 102 T20Is, scored 2592 runs and picked up 98 wickets. She has registered one century, 15 half-centuries, and has one four-wicket haul to her name.

Suzie Bates: 

She is a right-handed opening batter of New Zealand. With 126 T20Is under her belt, this experienced and prolific batter has mustered 3380 runs, including one century and 21 half-centuries. She has also accounted for 50 wickets, bowling right arm medium pace.

Also Read:  Sydney Sixers confirm Suzie Bates as their final Overseas Star

Lea Tahuhu: 

This right arm speedster from New Zealand is a genuine wicket-taker. She can open the bowling and bowl well with the new ball. She has claimed 53 wickets. Apart from her bowling, she is more than a handy right-handed middle order batter.

Laura Wolvaardt: 

She is a right-handed batter from South Africa, who bats in the middle order in the T20Is. She has been in good form in the recent past. In her 39 T20Is so far, she has scored 707 runs, including four half-centuries. She has a healthy strike rate of 113.

Sune Luus: 

The captain of South Africa is a right-handed middle order batter and a right arm leg spinner. She has played 88 T20Is and registered 890 runs, including four half-centuries. Apart from this, she has 48 T20I wickets to her name.

Shabnim Ismail: 

She is a right arm medium pace bowler from South Africa. With 112 wickets in 102 T20Is, she is the leading wicket-taker for the Proteas and third highest overall. This pace sensation can open the bowling and is equally good towards the fag end of the innings.

Pitch

Expect a high scoring contest as the wicket will assist the batters. The outfield is quick too. Bowlers will have to outwit the batters to get the better of them. The captains will have to make intelligent field placements to tame the run flow.

Weather

The weather is expected to see times of clouds and sun with a passing shower. The maximum temperature forecast is 24 degrees Celsius. There will be 70 percent cloud cover and 80 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the west.

Also Read:  Katherine Brunt reprimanded for breaching ICC Level 1 Code of Conduct

Fantasy Playing XI

Jessica Mcfadyen, Laura Wolvaardt, Maddy Green, Sune Luus, Suzie Bates, Chloe Tryon, Nadine de Klerk, Sophie Devine, Ayabonga Khaka, Lea Tahuhu, Shabnim Ismail

Upcoming milestones

• Sophie Devine is 2 wickets away from completing 100 WT20I wickets. She will become the 1st New Zealander and 8th overall to achieve the feat.
  • Sune Luus is 2 wickets away from completing 50 WT20I wickets. She will become the 4th South African to achieve the feat. 

Match details

Date: July 30, 2022

Time: 3.30 PM IST

Venue: Edgbaston, Birmingham

Live streaming: Sony LIV, Sony TEN

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here