Match 2: Barbados v Pakistan | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The second women’s T20I in the 2022 Commonwealth Games will be played between Pakistan and Barbados on July 29 at Edgbaston in Birmingham. The match will start at 11.30 PM IST.

Match 2: Barbados v Pakistan | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Squads

Pakistan: Bismah Maroof (c), Aiman Anwar, Aliya Riaz, Anam Amin, Ayesha Naseem, Diana Baig, Fatima Sana, Gull Feroza, Iram Javed, Kainat Imtiaz, Muneeba Ali Siddiqui, Nida Dar, Omaima Sohail, Sadia Iqbal, Tuba Hassan

Barbados: Aaliyah Alleyne, Shanika Bruce, Shai Carrington, Shaunte Carrington, Shamilia Connell, Deandra Dottin, Keila Elliott, Trishan Holder, Kycia Knight, Kyshona Knight, Hayley Matthews, Alisa Scantlebury, Shakera Selman, Tiffany Thorpe, Aaliyah Williams

Last 5 performances

While Pakistan have won two out of their last five matches, with three matches producing no result, Barbados, on the other hand, have no record as such.

Head-to-Head

Pakistan and Barbados have not played against each other.

Players to watch

Bismah Maroof: 

Bismah Maroof. PC: Twitter
Bismah Maroof. PC: Twitter

The captain of Pakistan is a prolific left-handed batter and a right arm leg spinner. She has featured in 114 T20Is, scored 2336 runs and picked up 36 wickets. She has registered 11 half-centuries and has a decent strike rate of 92.

Nida Dar: 

Nida Dar completes 100 T20I Wickets. PC: Getty Images
Nida Dar completes 100 T20I Wickets. PC: Getty Images

She is arguably the best all-rounder of Pakistan. With 113 T20Is under her belt, this right-handed middle order batter and right arm off spinner has made useful contributions. She has mustered 1293 runs, including four half-centuries and accounted for 106 wickets, including one four wicket haul and one five wicket haul.

Diana Baig: 

Player Profile of Diana Baig in Women's Cricket World Cup 2022. PC: FemaleCricket.com
Player Profile of Diana Baig in Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022. PC: FemaleCricket.com

This right arm speedster from Pakistan is a genuine wicket-taker. She can open the bowling and bowl well with the new ball. She also has the prowess to bowl in the death overs. With the ball, she has claimed 23 wickets in 31 T20 innings. Apart from her bowling, she is a hard-hitting batter.

Also Read:  Sophie Devine completes 100 T20I Wickets, First New Zealand Bowler to this Milestone

Deandra Dottin: 

Deandra Dottin. Pic Credits: Getty Images
Deandra Dottin. Pic Credits: Getty Images

She is a right-handed opening batter and right arm medium pace bowler from West Indies. In 124 T20Is, she has muscled 2681 runs, including a couple of centuries and 12 half-centuries. In addition to this, she is more than handy with the ball and has scalped 61 wickets in 64 innings.

Hayley Matthews: 

Hayley Matthews. Pic Credits: WICB/Twitter
Hayley Matthews. Pic Credits: WICB/Twitter

The captain of Barbados is a right-handed batter and a right arm off spinner. She is one of the best all-rounders in the side. She has played 61 T20Is and mustered 1055 runs, including one century and four half-centuries. Apart from this, she has 58 T20I wickets to her name. She can open the bowling and bowl in the death overs as well.

Shakera Selman: 

Shakera Selman. PC: Getty Images
Shakera Selman. PC: Getty Images

She is a right arm medium pace bowler from Barbados. She is an experienced cricketer with 87 T20Is under her belt. She has accounted for 48 wickets in 79 innings, at an economy rate of under six runs per over. She is also a right-handed batter.

Pitch

The venue has hosted just one women’s T20I till the start of the 2022 CWG. It was played in 2014 between England and South Africa. England won the match by eight runs after scoring 126/6 in 20 overs and restricting South Africa to 118/6 in 20 overs. Expect a hard new wicket that could assist the batters. The sunny conditions may also make the batting easy. A high-scoring contest could be on the cards.

Weather

The weather is expected to be partly sunny. The maximum temperature forecast is 24 degrees Celsius. There will be 45 percent cloud cover and 25 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the south-southwest.

Also Read:  India Qualifies for Final beating England by 4 Runs

Fantasy Playing XI

Kycia Knight, Muneeba Ali, Bismah Maroof, Deandra Dottin, Kyshona Knight, Hayley Matthews, Nida Dar, Omaima Sohail, Diana Baig, Shakera Selman, Shamilia Connell

Upcoming milestones

• Shakera Selman is 2 wickets away from completing 50 T20I wickets. She will become the 6th West Indian to achieve the feat.

Match details

Date: July 29, 2022

Time: 11.30 PM IST

Venue: Edgbaston, Birmingham

Live streaming: Sony LIV

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here