Preview: 1st T20I – Australia vs England Women | Fantasy Playing XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

The much-awaited Women’s Ashes between Australia and England kick starts from January 20 with a three-match T20I series. The multi-format affair will see a three-match T20I series, followed by a one-off Test and a three-match ODI series. The first T20I between the world number 1 T20I side Australia and world number 2 T20I side England will be played on January 20 at the Adelaide Oval, Adelaide.

Preview: 1st T20I – Australia vs England Women | Fantasy Playing XI | Players to Watch | Squad
Preview: 1st T20I – Australia vs England Women | Fantasy Playing XI | Players to Watch | Squad

Squads

Australia: Darcie Brown, Nicola Carey, Hannah Darlington, Ashleigh Gardner, Rachael Haynes (VC), Alyssa Healy, Jess Jonassen, Alana King, Meg Lanning (C), Tahlia McGrath, Beth Mooney*, Ellyse Perry, Megan Schutt, Annabel Sutherland, Tayla Vlaeminck

*Ruled out of the Women’s Ashes due to fractured jaw

England: Heather Knight (c), Tammy Beaumont, Maia Bouchier, Katherine Brunt, Kate Cross, Freya Davies, Sophia Dunkley, Sophie Ecclestone, Natasha Farrant, Sarah Glenn, Amy Ellen Jones, Natalie Sciver, Anya Shrubsole, Mady Villiers, Lauren Winfield Hill, Danielle Wyatt, Charlotte Dean

Players to watch out for

Ashleigh Gardner:

Ashleigh Gardner. Women's T20 World Cup 2020
Ashleigh Gardner. Women’s T20 World Cup 2020

She is a destructive batter and more than a handy right arm off spinner. She had a good warm-up game scoring 64 not out off just 36 balls. She has been around with the Australian team since 2017 and has been an integral part of the outfit. She will play her 50th T20I for Australia on January 20.

Ellyse Perry:

Ellyse Perry. Women's T20 World Cup 2020
Ellyse Perry. Women’s T20 World Cup 2020

The star Australian all-rounder is one of the best in the business. She is the leading run scorer and highest wicket-taker in the Women’s Ashes (multi-format series since 2013). The right handed middle order batter and right arm seamer would look to continue with her form in the upcoming Women’s Ashes.

Also Read:  "It shows we can fight back and put them under pressure," says Heather Knight ahead of ODIs

Heather Knight:

Heather Knight. Women's T20 World Cup 2020
Heather Knight. Women’s T20 World Cup 2020

The captain of the England team will look to lead from the front. She is a prolific right handed top order batter and more than a handy right arm off spinner. She is one of the most experienced players in the English line-up having been playing international cricket since 2010. She had a good warm-up game as she scored an elegant half-century.

Natalie Sciver:

Natalie Sciver. Women's T20 World Cup 2020
Natalie Sciver. Women’s T20 World Cup 2020

She is the world’s number two T20I all-rounder in the world. Her abilities with both bat and ball are incredible. In the lead up to the Women’s Ashes, she mustered 71 runs with the bat and picked up three wickets with the ball. She is a genuine matchwinner.

Pitch

Out of the four WT20Is that have been played so far at this venue, teams batting first and teams batting second have won two each. While Australia have just won one match out of the four, England have won the solitary match that they have played here, which was against Australia. The highest total on this ground has been 160 and the lowest being 66. It is a good wicket to bat on. Bowlers will have to bowl disciplined lines and lengths to tame the batters.

Weather

The weather is expected to be partly cloudy and warm with an average temperature of 27 degrees Celsius. There is 51% cloud cover but just 1% chance of rain. The wind will blow from the east-northeast at 15kph.

Fantasy playing XI

Alyssa Healy, Danielle Wyatt, Lauren Winfield-Hill, Meg Lanning, Ashleigh Gardner, Ellyse Perry, Heather Knight, Natalie Sciver, Jess Jonassen, Megan Schutt, Sophie Ecclestone

Also Read:  Preview: 1st ODI – Australia vs England Women | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming | Time

Match details

Date: January 20, 2022

Time: 1.40pm IST

Venue: Adelaide Oval, Adelaide

Live streaming: Sony LIV

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here