Match 14: Baranagar Sporting Club v Kalighat Club | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

The 14th match of Byju’s Bengal Women’s T20 Blast will be played between Baranagar Sporting Club and Kalighat Club on December 11 at the MGR Sports Academy in Bara Gunsima, West Bengal. The game will begin at 12.45 PM IST.

Cricket Ground. PC: Unsplash
Cricket Ground. PC: Unsplash

Both teams will play their fifth match in the competition. They have had similar fortunes in the tournament, having won and lost two.

Squads

Baranagar Sporting Club: Mita Paul (C), Shrabani Paul, Swati Sah, Priti Choudhary, Rupa Dutta, Iti Sarkar, Sushmita Ganguly, Aruna Barman, Pallabi Mahato, Mouli Mondal, Nisha Maji, Soumi Sengupta, Shahida Khatun, Madhurima Tarafdar, Komal Jaiswal

Kalighat Club: Ankita Chakraborty (C), Payel Vakharia, Ankita Mahato, Jhumpa Roy, Sansthita Biswas, Swata Shamanta, Saika Ishaque, Namita Mondal, Adrija Sarkar, Salma Khatun, Rajanya Maiti, Riya Kohli, Barsha Das, Aishi Mukhopadhyay, Priti Bhadra

Players to watch

Mita Paul: 

The captain of Baranagar Sporting Club was at the helm of the run chase in her last game against Rajasthan Club. The opening batter blasted an unbeaten 65 off 59, hitting seven boundaries. In the process, she stitched a match-winning 118-run partnership with wicket-keeper-batter Iti Sarkar for the second wicket.

Iti Sarkar: 

The wicket-keeper-batter of Baranagar Sporting Club scored a splendid half-century in the last fixture against Rajasthan Club. The top-order batter mustered 50 off 49, including seven boundaries. Coming into bat in the first over, she put her head down and shared a crucial partnership with her captain, Mita Paul.

Ankita Chakraborty: 

The skipper of Kalighat Club starred with the bat in the last encounter against Mohun Bagan AC. The opening batter scored 36 off 35, hitting half a dozen boundaries. She put together 65 runs with her opening partner Sansthita Biswas to lay a solid foundation.

Also Read:  How has WPL changed the landscape of women's cricket?

Ipsita Saha: 

She was one of the most successful bowlers for Kalighat Club in the last game against Mohun Bagan AC. She scalped 9/2 in four overs, including 17 dot balls. She bowled well in the middle overs and was the most economical bowler for her side.

Pitch

It will be the 14th match of the tournament at this venue, with the 13th game being played early in the day. Out of the 12 fixtures played here until December 10, the teams batting first have won seven, and the teams batting second have won five. The average first innings score is 121, and the average second innings score is 116. The conditions look good for batting. An exciting contest between bat and ball could be on the cards.

Weather

The weather is expected to be very warm with a hazy sun. The highest temperature attained during the day will be 29 degrees Celsius. There will be a 19 percent cloud cover and a zero percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the north-northwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Sansthita Biswas, Iti Sarkar, Ankita Chakraborty, Rupa Dutta, Shrabani Paul, Ipsita Saha, Mita Paul, Jhumpa Roy, Saika Ishaque, Nisha Maji, Mouli Mondal

Match Details

Date: December 11, 2022

Time: 12.45 PM IST

Venue: MGR Sports Academy, Bara Gunsima, West Bengal

Live Streaming: Fan Code

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  6 Teams to Participate in the Inaugural Edition of Bengal Women’s T20 Blast
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here