Bangladesh Squad for Sri Lanka tour announced, Salma and Rumana rested

The Bangladesh Women’s Cricket Team has recently announced their 16-member squad for their upcoming white-ball tour of Sri Lanka in April and May. The squad is set to depart for Sri Lanka on April 25 and will be led by the experienced Nigar Sultana Joty.

Bangladesh Women's Cricket Team. PC: Getty Images
Bangladesh Women’s Cricket Team. PC: Getty Images

Selectors have decided to rest key players Salma Khatun and Rumana Ahmed for the white-ball series, taking workload management into consideration. The duo has featured in a combined 274 international matches for Bangladesh, making their absence a significant loss for the team. Pacer Marufa Akter will also be missing the series as she will be sitting for her exams.

To make up for the absence of the senior players, Bangladesh has included Sanjida Akther Maghla, Fariha Islam Trishna, Rabeya, and Sultana Khatun in the squad. The inclusion of Sultana Khatun could potentially lead to her international debut for Bangladesh, as she has yet to be capped by the national side.

The Bangladesh squad comprises of Nigar Sultana Joty (Captain), Fargana Hoque Pinky, Shamima Sultana, Fahima Khatun, Murshida Khatun, Jahanara Alam, Mst Sanjida Akther Maghla, Sobhana Mostary, Lata Mondol, Shorna Akter, Nahida Akter, Fariha Islam Trishna, Mst Ritu Moni, Disha Biswas, Rabeya, and Sultana Khatun.

The tour will begin with a three-match ODI series, which will be played between April 29 and May 4 at the P Sara Oval in Colombo. These matches will be a part of the ICC Women’s Championship. Following the ODI series, the team will compete in three T20Is on May 9, 11, and 12 at the SSC Ground in Colombo.

Also Read:  How Bangladesh Tigress punched above their Weight in 2022 World Cup?

In summary, Bangladesh’s Women’s Cricket Team will be missing some key players for their upcoming tour of Sri Lanka. However, the team is eager to step up and fill the gaps with some fresh talent, including potential debutant Sultana Khatun. The team will be led by the experienced Nigar Sultana Joty and will face Sri Lanka in a three-match ODI series and three T20Is, starting from the end of April.

Sports have always been a huge part of my life, and having played cricket professionally for my state team, I gained a deeper understanding of what it takes to succeed in the world of sports. With an eye for detail and passion for sports, I’m hoping to make a lasting impact in the sports industry.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here