Bangladesh squad for T20I series against Australia announced

The highly anticipated, Australia’s first-ever bilateral series against Bangladesh, marked by a captivating lineup of three One Day Internationals (ODIs) and as many Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is), commenced on the 21st of March. The ODI series was dominated by Australians with a 3-0 result and ahead of the T20Is, Bangladesh have confirmed their squad.

Bangladesh is ready to redeem itself during the three T20Is, scheduled from the 31st of March to the 4th of April at the Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium in Mirpur. Notably, all matches are set as day games, commencing at noon.

In preparation for the T20 leg of the series, the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has unveiled its squad, with strategic changes from the preceding ODI lineup. Fargana Hoque Pinky, Disha Biswas, and Nishita Akter Nishi make way for fresh talent, as Fariha Islam Trisna, Shorifa Khatun, and Dilara Akter Dola earn their call-ups, reinforcing the T20I side with their skill and determination.

Squad for T20Is – Nigar Sultana Joty (C), Nahida Akter (VC), Murshida Khatun, Sobhana Mostary, Sumaya Akter, Shorna Akter, Ritu Moni, Rabeya, Sultana Khatun, Fahima Khatun, Marufa Akter, Farzana Akter Lisa, Fariha Islam Trisna, Shorifa Khatun, Dilara Akter Dola

Reserve players – Lata Mondol, Nishita Akter Nishi

Sajjad Ahmed, the selector for the Bangladesh Cricket Board, provided insightful reasoning behind the squad selections, shedding light on the strategic choices made.

Regarding the inclusion of Trishna over Disha, Sajjad emphasized Trishna’s expertise as a left-arm pacer, highlighting the importance of bowling variety in the team. In the case of Dilara Dola’s selection over Fargana Pinky, Sajjad underlined Dola’s dual role as a wicketkeeper-batter, expressing confidence in her ability to make a significant impact in the dynamic T20 format.

Also Read:  Preview: 2nd ODI –Bangladesh Women v/s Pakistan Women, Squads, Head-to-Head, Dream-XI Fantasy Cricket Tips, Playing XI, Pitch & Injury Report

Additionally, Sajjad praised Shorifa Khatun’s versatility, noting her proficiency as an all-rounder who not only contributes with her off-spin bowling but also adds depth to the batting lineup, particularly in the late order. With Sajjad’s insights, it’s evident that the squad composition has been thoroughly crafted to optimize performance and adaptability in T20 cricket, aiming to elevate Bangladesh’s competitiveness in the upcoming series against Australia.

T20I series schedule-

Bangladesh Women VS Australia Women 1st T20I 31st March, Dhaka

Bangladesh Women VS Australia Women 2nd T20I 02 April, Dhaka

Bangladesh Women VS Australia Women 3rd T20I 04th April, Dhaka

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here