Fariha Trisna becomes first Bangladeshi bowler to pick hat-trick against Australia in T20Is

Fariha Islam Trisna, a rising star in Bangladesh’s women’s cricket, showcased her abilities once again with a remarkable performance, clinching her second hat-trick in WT20Is.

Fariha Trisna becomes first Bangladeshi bowler to pick hat-trick against Australia in T20Is

Born on September 13, 2002, Fariha Trisna has been extraordinary with her left-arm medium bowling style, claiming her first hat-trick on her T20I debut against Malaysia on October 6, 2022. She has rapidly become a vital asset for the Bangladesh women’s national cricket team.

In a stunning display of skill and precision, the 21-year-old has claimed a total of 11 wickets in just 7 T20I appearances, with her standout performance being a remarkable 4/19 against Australia.

Trisna’s first hat-trick in WT20Is came against Malaysia in 2022. In her debut match, she struck in the 6th over, dismissing Winifred Duraisingam with the second ball, followed by Mas Elysa and Mahirah Izzati Ismail in consecutive deliveries. Her stellar performance of 3 wickets against 12 runs helped Bangladesh restrict Malaysia to 41 runs, successfully defending their total of 129 and eventually winning the match by a significant margin of 88 runs.

Currently, Bangladesh is hosting Australia for a series of ODIs and T20Is. Despite Australia’s dominance in the ODI series, Trisna’s heroics in the second T20I match have captured the spotlight. In the second T20I on April 2, Trisna bowled the ultimate over for her team.

She displayed an extraordinary show of skills as she dismissed the set batter Ellyse Perry for 29 runs and claimed back-to-back wickets of Sophie Molineux and Beth Mooney on consecutive deliveries, concluding Australia’s innings at 161 for the loss of 8 wickets. Her skills shone brightly as she claimed the hat-trick against the formidable Australia and became the first Bangladeshi and only the 2nd in women’s game to achieve this feat, marking a truly noteworthy achievement for the youngster.

Also Read:  2nd T20I: Sri Lanka vs Bangladesh | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Fariha Trisna’s remarkable talent and ability to deliver under pressure with her consistent performances and ability to take wickets at crucial moments have solidified her position as one of Bangladesh’s most promising bowlers.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here