Match 8: India v UAE Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The eighth match of the Women’s Asia Cup T20 2022 will be played between India and UAE on October 4 at the Sylhet International Cricket Stadium in Sylhet. The game will begin at 1 PM IST.

Match 8: India v UAE Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

India will play its third match of the tournament, while UAE will feature in its second game. India has not put the wrong foot so far, winning two out of two games; on the other hand, UAE has lost in its solitary match of the competition.

Head-to-Head

India and UAE have never played against each other. This will be their first T20I.

Squads

India: Harmanpreet Kaur (c), Smriti Mandhana (vc), Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Richa Ghosh (wk), Dayalan Hemalatha, Sabbhineni Meghana, Kiran Navgire, Sneh Rana, Jemimah Rodrigues, Meghna Singh, Renuka Singh Thakur, Deepti Sharma, Pooja Vastrakar, Shafali Verma, Radha Yadav

UAE: Chaya Mughal (C), Esha Oza, Kavisha Egodage, Rishitha Rajith, Khushi Sharma, Theertha Satish (WK), Lavanya Keny, Priyanjali Jain, Suraksha Kotte, Natasha Cherriath, Indhuja Nandakumar, Mahika Gaur, Vaishnave Mahesh, Siya Gokhale, Samaira Dharnidharka 

Players to watch

Shafali Verma:

India’s swashbuckling right-handed opening batter muscled 46 off 39 in her last match against Malaysia. She hammered one boundary and three sixes. With her opening partner Sabbhineni Meghana, she put together 116 in 13.5 overs to lay a solid foundation.

Richa Ghosh: 

India’s right-handed batter and wicketkeeper was promoted to number three in her last outing against Malaysia. She played a 19-ball cameo to score an undefeated 33. Her innings was studded with five boundaries and a six. Her free-flowing batting display provided an impetus to the Indian innings at the end.

Also Read:  Match 3 – Hong Kong vs UAE Women | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

Vaishnave Mahesh: 

The right-arm leg-spinner of UAE was one of the most successful bowlers for her team in her last appearance against Sri Lanka. She scalped 15/3 in her full quota of four overs, including 11 dot balls. She bowled well in the middle phase of the innings and the death overs.

Theertha Satish:

The left-handed opening batter and wicketkeeper of UAE was the lone batter to score in double digits for her team in the last fixture against Sri Lanka. She scored a run-a-ball 19, including a couple of boundaries. She was there in the middle till the eighth over but perished against the run of play.

Pitch

This will be the eighth match of the tournament at the venue, with the seventh game being played early in the day. The first three days of the competition saw six games being played, with the teams batting first and the teams batting second winning three each. With cloudy conditions being forecast, bowlers could get some assistance. A high probability of rain will make the toss crucial. Both teams will want a complete 20-over game as they have played rain-reduced matches in their previous encounters.

Weather

The weather is expected to be mostly cloudy and humid with a thunderstorm. The highest temperature attained during the day will be 33 degrees Celsius. There will be 91 percent cloud cover and an 80 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the north-northwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Richa Ghosh, Theertha Satish, Jemimah Rodrigues, Mahika Gaur, Shafali Verma, Harmanpreet Kaur, Dayalan Hemalatha, Deepti Sharma, Vaishnave Mahesh, Samaira Dharnidharka, Radha Yadav

Also Read:  What is India's Schedule for Women's Asia Cup 2022?

Match details

Date: October 4, 2022

Time: 1 PM IST

Venue: Sylhet International Cricket Stadium, Sylhet

Live streaming: Star Sports Network

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here