Australia Women’s Probable playing XI for the one-off Day-Night Pink Ball Test are?

The three-match ODI series between India and Australia has set the perfect momentum for the one-off Test that will be played between September 30 and October 3 at the Carrara Oval, Queensland. Though Australia won the ODI series 2-1, India fought hard in the last two ODIs, winning the third and almost winning the second one. Having pocketed 4 important points in the multi-format series, Australia is looking strong, however, the team has certain injury concerns going ahead in the series.

Meg Lanning and Ashleigh Gardner . PC: CricketAus/Twitter
Meg Lanning and Ashleigh Gardner . PC: CricketAus/Twitter

Rachael Haynes

Rachael Haynes Female Cricket
Rachael Haynes Female Cricket

As per the latest reports, Australia vice-captain Rachael Haynes, who did not take the field for major parts of the third ODI, will not be available for the remainder of the series. The left-hand bat is suffering from a hamstring injury which has forced her out of the Test and the three-match T20I series against India. It is a big blow for Australia as the 34-year old had a prolific one-day series scoring 106 runs in two innings.

Beth Mooney

Beth Mooney scored a Century to help Australia beat India by 5 Wickets in 2nd ODI. PC: Getty Images
Beth Mooney scored a Century to help Australia beat India by 5 Wickets in 2nd ODI. PC: Getty Images

Apart from Haynes, the other southpaw who did not take the field for most parts of the third ODI was Beth Mooney. Mooney was catering to hamstring issues as well. However, Australia coach Matthew Mott has confirmed that Mooney would be available for the Test and is likely to open the batting in Haynes’ absence.

Georgia Wareham

Georgia Wareham.Women's T20 World Cup 2020
Georgia Wareham. Women’s T20 World Cup 2020

Another player from the injury list who is set to be fit in time for the pink ball Test is leg spinner, Georgia Wareham. The 22-year-old, who hasn’t featured in a Test match despite representing Australia 55 times, suffered a quad injury during the second ODI. As per reports, it is known that the leg spinner will be available for selection for the one-off Test.

Also Read:  Twitter hails Smriti Mandhana on her Maiden Test Century: Here's how Twitter Reacted

Sophie Molineux

Sophie Molineux in action during ODI series vs India. PC: ICC/Twitter
Sophie Molineux in action during ODI series vs India. PC: ICC/Twitter

Sophie Molineux, the other spinner in the Australian squad, sustained cuts around her upper lip when a throw came her way during the third ODI. She was out for a brief period during the match but returned with a bandage on to bowl those crucial overs for Australia. Further updates on Molineux’s injury were not available as of September 28, so it is likely that the left-arm spinner will be fit to play the Test.

Tayla Vlaeminck

Tayla Vlaeminck. PC: cricket.com.au
Tayla Vlaeminck. PC: cricket.com.au

Tayla Vlaeminck is another player who has not been available for ODIs due to an Achilles niggle. The right arm seamer will miss the day/night Test as well. She might return for the three-match T20I series that will be played from October 7.

Australia’s probable playing XI for the one-off Test:

Alyssa Healy, Beth Mooney, Meg Lanning, Ellyse Perry, Ashleigh Gardner, Tahlia McGrath, Darcie Brown/Stella Campbelle, Annabel Sutherland/Nicola Carey, Georgia Wareham, Sophie Molineux

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here