Match 7: Scorchers v Typhoons Women | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

The seventh match of the 2022 Arachas Super 50 Cup, a domestic competition in Ireland, will be played on August 3 between Scorchers and Typhoons at Sydney Parade in Sandymount.

Match 7: Scorchers v Typhoons Women | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

Match Preview

Squads

Scorchers: Gaby Lewis (captain), Christina Coulter Reilly, Rachel Delaney, Shauna Kavanagh, Anna Kerrison, Hannah Little, Sophie MacMahon, Niamh MacNulty, Aimee Maguire, Jane Maguire, Lara Maritz, Ellie McGee, Eimear Richardson, Jenny Sparrow, Siúin Woods

Typhoons: Laura Delany (captain), Ava Canning, Sarah Condron, Georgina Dempsey, Rebecca Gough, Maria Kerrison, Robyn Lewis, Louise Little, Joanna Loughran, Tess Maritz, Lara McBride, Celeste Raack, Freya Sargent, Rebecca Stokell, Mary Waldron

Players to watch out for

Rachel Delaney: 

She was the most successful bowler for Scorchers in her last match against Dragons. Coming in to bowl as the first change, the right arm off spinner claimed 23/4 in 10 overs. She bowled as many as four maiden overs. With the bat, she mustered 20 runs off 45 balls, opening the batting with Gaby Lewis.

Gaby Lewis: 

The captain of Scorchers had a great outing with the bat in her last match against Dragons. The right-handed opening batter hammered 122 runs off 108 balls, including 19 boundaries. She helped her team post a competitive score of 297/7 in 50 overs.

Laura Delany:

She top scored in her last appearance against Dragons when she muscled an unbeaten 83 off 72 balls. The right-handed middle order batter smashed 11 boundaries in her innings. With the ball, she picked up 14/2 in six overs and was the most economical bowler in the team.

Robyn Searle:

This right arm medium pace bowler from Typhoons wreaked havoc with the ball in her last outing against Dragons. She scalped 32/4 in six overs. Apart from her bowling, she made a useful contribution with the bat scoring 45 runs off 91 balls, opening the batting.

Also Read:  Sana Mir to Lead South Coast Sapphires in FairBreak Invitational 2022 Tournament

Pitch

This will be the first match of the tournament here. Expect a hard and new surface which could assist the batters. A high chance of rain will make the toss important. Team winning the toss may look to bowl first.

Weather

The weather is expected to see times of clouds and sun with a passing shower or two. The maximum temperature attained during the day could be 16 degrees Celsius. The expected cloud cover will be 69 percent with 80 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the west.

Fantasy Playing XI

Robyn Searle, Shauna Kavanagh, Gaby Lewis, Louise Little, Anna Kerrison, Rachel Delaney, Georgina Dempsey, Laura Delany, Jane Maguire, Ava Canning, Lara Maritz

Match details

Date: August 3, 2022

Time: 3.15pm IST

Venue: Sydney Parade, Sandymount

Live streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here