Match 5: Scorchers v Dragons Women | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

The fifth match of the 2022 Arachas Super Series, a domestic competition in Ireland, will be played on May 29 between Scorchers and Dragons at Wallace Park in Lisburn. It will be a 50-over match.

Match Preview – Match 5: Scorchers v Dragons Women

Match 5: Scorchers v Dragons Women | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

Squads

Scorchers: Gaby Lewis (captain), Christina Coulter Reilly, Rachel Delaney, Shauna Kavanagh, Anna Kerrison, Hannah Little, Sophie MacMahon, Niamh MacNulty, Aimee Maguire, Jane Maguire, Lara Maritz, Ellie McGee, Eimear Richardson, Jenny Sparrow, Siúin Woods

Dragons: Leah Paul (captain), Amy Caulfield, Alison Cowan, Zara Craig, Alana Dalzell, Mollie Devine, Sarah Forbes, Abbi Harrison, Amy Hunter, Charlotte Lyons, Kia McCartney, Kate McEvoy, Cara Murray, Orla Prendergast, Jemma Rankin

Players to watch out for

Rachel Delaney: 

The right arm off spinner from Scorchers scalped 2-17 in 10 overs against Typhoons in her last outing. The wily spinner bowled one maiden over as well. She was consistent with her lines and lengths that helped her yield rich dividends. 

Gaby Lewis: 

This right handed opening batter of Scorchers top scored with an unbeaten 62 off 66 balls, including seven boundaries and two sixes in her last match against Typhoons. The captain of Scorchers led the run chase from the front and helped her team win by six wickets chasing 121 runs.

Arlene Kelly:

This right arm seamer from Dragons starred with the ball in her last game against Typhoons as she claimed 3-35 in 10 overs. She was not only the most successful bowler for her team but also the most economical one conceding just 3.5 runs per over.

Sarah Forbes:

The right handed opening batter of Dragons scored a delectable 67 off 98 balls, including seven boundaries in her last appearance against Typhoons. She stitched a 75-run partnership with her opening partner to set the foundation for the Dragons.

Also Read:  1st Semi-Final: Ireland v Zimbabwe | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Pitch

This will be the second match of the tournament at this venue. In the last match that was played here more than 450 runs were scored. However the conditions may differ going into the second match at this venue as there is a passing shower expected. An exciting contest between the bat and ball is expected. 

Weather

A passing shower in the morning is expected otherwise there will be periods of clouds and sunshine. The average temperature will be around 14 degrees Celsius. The expected cloud cover will be 68 percent with 59 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the north-east.

Fantasy Playing XI

Shauna Kavanagh, Sarah Forbes, Orla Prendergast, Gaby Lewis, Jenny Sparrow, Rachel Delaney, Arlene Kelly, Leah Paul, Jane Maguire, Cara Murray, Niamh MacNulty

Match details

Date: May 29, 2022

Time: 3.15pm IST

Venue: Wallace Park, Lisburn

Live streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here