Match 4: Bahrain v Kuwait | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The fourth match of the 2022 ACC (Asian Cricket Council) Women’s T20 Championship will be played on June 17 between Bahrain and Kuwait at the Kinrara Academy Oval in Malaysia.

Head-to-Head

Bahrain and Kuwait have played one T20I against each other, which Bahrain has won.

Squads

Bahrain: Deepika Rasangika (c), Tharanga Gajanayake (vc), Vilcita Barboza, Deepika Bhaskara, Gayani Fernando, Rasika Hathadurage (wk), Poorvaja Jagdeesha, Prajna Jagdeesha, Sachini Jayasinghe, Shashikala Prakash, Rasika Rodrigo, Pavithra Shetty, Ishara Suhun, Abeera Waris

Kuwait: Amna Tariq (c), Maryyam Ashraf, Aakriti Bose (wk), Venora D’Souza, Siobhan Gomez, Mariamma Hyder, Maria Jasvi, Zeefa Jilani, Khadija Khalil, Mofida Kocchargi, Glenda Menes, Priyada Murali, Maryam Omar, Balasubramani Shanti

Players to watch

Prajna Jagdeesha: 

She is a right-handed batter and a right-arm medium-pace bowler from Bahrain, who made her international debut in 2022. She has played five T20Is, out of which she has batted in two and bowled in three. She will look to make the most of every opportunity presented to her in this tournament.

Tharanga Gajanayake: 

The vice- captain of Bahrain is a left-handed batter and a right-arm medium pace bowler. She has muscled 221 runs in five T20Is, including a couple of half-centuries and the best score of 94 not out. With the ball, she has scalped five wickets in as many innings.

Amna Sharif Tariq: 

The captain of Kuwait is a right-handed top order batter and right arm leg spinner. Since her international debut in 2019, she has featured in 21 T20Is, scored 187 runs and claimed 11 wickets.

Maryam Omar:

She is a right-handed opening batter from Kuwait, who made her international debut in 2019. She has played 16 T20Is and mustered 316 runs, including one half-century. With the ball, she has struck with eight wickets in 12 innings, including one four-wicket haul, bowling right arm off spin.

Also Read:  ACC Women’s T20 Championship 2022 starts 17th June 2022 in Malaysia

Pitch

Prior to this tournament, the venue has hosted 25 women’s T20Is so far. Teams batting first have won 13 matches while the teams batting second have won 12. Thus, toss will not play a very significant role in determining the result of the match. The average first innings score is 121 and the average second innings score is 90. Early in the day, match number one of the ongoing tournament was played here. Expect more or less a fresh wicket which will offer an exciting contest between bat and ball.

Weather

The weather is expected to be mostly cloudy with a thunderstorm in parts of the area in the afternoon. The average temperature will be around 33 degrees Celsius. As per the forecast, there is 55 percent chance of rain and 88 percent cloud cover. The wind will blow from the south-southeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Aakriti Bose, Rasika Hathadurage, Ishara Suhun, Prajna Jagdeesha, Priyada Murali, Amna Sharif Tariq, Maryam Omar, Tharanga Gajanayake, Abeera Waris, Maria Jasvi, Vilcita Barboza

Match details

Date: June 17, 2022

Time: 12.30PM IST

Venue: Kinrara Academy Oval, Malaysia

Live: You can watch it on Female Cricket’s YouTube Channel

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here