Match 3: Oman v UAE | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The third match of the 2022 ACC (Asian Cricket Council) Women’s T20 Championship will be played on June 17 between Oman and UAE at the UKM-YSD Cricket Oval in Malaysia.

Head-to-Head

Oman and UAE have played one T20I against each other, which UAE has won. 

Squads

Oman: Vaishali Jesrani (c), Fiza Javed (vc), Afida Aftab, Nayan Anil, Saya Channa, Amanda Dcosta, Nikitha Jagdish, Sameera Khan, Priyanka Mendonca, Sushanthika Sathiya, Alfiya Sayed, Bhakti Shetty, Sakshi Shetty (wk), Sani Zehra

UAE: Chaya Mughal (c), Samaira Dharnidharka, Kavisha Egodage, Siya Gokhale, Priyanjali Jain, Lavanya Keny, Suraksha Kotte, Vaishnave Mahesh, Indhuja Nandakumar, Esha Oza, Rithika Rajith, Theertha Satish, Khushi Sharma, Sanchin Singh

Players to watch

Amanda Dcosta: 

She is a left-arm spinner from Oman, who made her international debut in 2022. She has featured in five T20Is and scalped six wickets, including one five-wicket haul. She is also a right-handed batter.

Fiza Javed: 

She is a right-handed opening batter from Oman, who has played 14 T20Is since her international debut in 2020. She has registered 309 runs at a strike rate of 85. Her highest score so far has been 76 not out.

Chaya Mughal: 

The captain of UAE is a right-handed batter and a right arm medium pace bowler. She has featured in 29 T20Is since her debut in 2018 and scored 296 runs in 23 innings, including the best of 36. With the ball, she has picked up 20 wickets in 25 innings.

Kavisha Egodage:

She is a right-handed opening batter from UAE, who made her international debut in 2018. Since then, she has played 27 T20Is and mustered 660 runs, including six half-centuries and the best score of 92 not out. Apart from her batting, she is an occasional right arm off spinner and has eight wickets in 12 innings.

Also Read:  Match 15: Qatar v Singapore Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Pitch

Prior to this tournament, the venue has hosted just the one women’s T20I so far. The match was played in 2018 between Singapore and Malaysia which Malaysia went on to win by four wickets. Less than 200 runs were scored in that match and a total of 13 wickets fell. Early in the day, match number two of the ongoing tournament was played here. A more or less fresh wicket is expected which will offer an exciting contest between bat and ball.

Weather

The weather is expected to be cloudy in the morning, then intervals of clouds and sunshine in the afternoon. A thunderstorm is on the cards. The average temperature will be around 32 degrees Celsius. As per the forecast, there is 81 percent chance of rain and 80 percent cloud cover. The wind will blow from the southeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Sakshi Shetty, Fiza Javed, Kavisha Egodage, Lavanya Keny, Amanda Dcosta, Chaya Mughal, Esha Oza, Afida Aftab, Indhuja Nandakumar, Sameera Khan, Vaishnave Mahesh

Match details

Date: June 17, 2022

Time: 12.30 PM IST

Venue: UKM-YSD Cricket Oval, Bangi, Malaysia

Live Stream: Watch it on Female Cricket’s YouTube Channel 

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here