Match 2: Bhutan v Nepal | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The second match of the 2022 ACC (Asian Cricket Council) Women’s T20 Championship will be played on June 17 between Bhutan and Nepal at the UKM-YSD Cricket Oval in Malaysia.

Head-to-Head

Bhutan and Nepal have played one T20I against each other, which Nepal has won. 

Squads

Bhutan: Yeshey Choden (c), Tashi Cheki, Ngawang Choden, Sonam Choden, Karma Dema, Anju Gurung, Tashi Lhaden, Pema Seldon, Sonam Sonam, Dechen Wangmo, Sangay Wangmo, Eva Somsel Yangzom, Dechen Zangmo, Tshering Zangmo 

Nepal: Rubina Chhetry (c), Indu Barma (vc), Apsari Begam, Dolly Bhatta, Mamta Chaudhary, Kabita Joshi, Asmina Karmacharya, Kabita Kunwar, Sita Rana Magar, Jyoti Pandey (wk), Sabnam Rai, Sangita Rai, Bindu Rawal, Kajal Shrestha (wk), Manisha Upadhyaya

Players to watch

Dechen Wangmo: 

She is a right-handed batter and a right arm leg spinner from Bhutan. Since her international debut in 2019, she has featured in nine T20Is. She has scored 111 runs, including the best of 35 and picked up nine wickets in eight innings.

Eva Somsel Yangzom: 

She is a right arm medium pace bowler from Bhutan. She represented Bhutan U19 in the recently concluded ICC U19 Women’s T20 World Cup Asia Qualifier. She is yet to make her debut for the senior national team.

Rubina Chhetry: 

The captain of Nepal is a right-handed batter and a right arm medium pace bowler. She has featured in 27 T20Is since her debut in 2019 and scored 272 runs in 23 innings, including one half-century. With the ball, she has picked up 23 wickets in 26 innings, including one four-wicket haul.

Also Read:  Final: UAE v Malaysia Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Sita Rana Magar:

She is a left-handed batter and a left arm spinner from Nepal, who made her international debut in 2019. She has played 25 T20Is. The southpaw has mustered 485 runs in 24 innings, including the best of 82 not out. With the ball, the wily spinner has claimed 24 wickets in as many innings.

Pitch

The venue has hosted just the one women’s T20I so far. The match was played in 2018 between Singapore and Malaysia which Malaysia went on to win by four wickets. Less than 200 runs were scored in that match and a total of 13 wickets fell. With a fresh wicket on hands, an exciting contest between bat and ball is expected.

Weather

The weather is expected to be cloudy in the morning, then intervals of clouds and sunshine in the afternoon. A thunderstorm is on the cards. The average temperature will be around 32 degrees Celsius. As per the forecast, there is 81 percent chance of rain and 80 percent cloud cover. The wind will blow from the southeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Jyoti Pandey, Apsari Begam, Bindu Rawal, Eva Somsel Yangzom, Indu Barma, Dechen Wangmo, Rubina Chhetry, Sita Rana Magar, Anju Gurung, Kabita Kunwar, Tashi Cheki

Match details

Date: June 17, 2022

Time: 8.30AM IST

Venue: UKM-YSD Cricket Oval, Bangi, Malaysia

Live Streaming: You can watch it on Female Cricket’s YouTube Channel 

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Match 8: Kuwait v Nepal Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here