Match 3: Barbados Royals v Guyana Amazon Warriors | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The third match of the Women’s 6ixty, a franchise-based tournament in the West Indies, will be played between Barbados Royals and Guyana Amazon Warriors on August 25. Warner Park Sporting Complex in Basseterre will host the match. The game will start at 12.30 AM IST.

Match 3: Barbados Royals v Guyana Amazon Warriors | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Match Preview

Squads

Barbados Royals: Hayley Matthews (C), Aaliyah Alleyne, Reniece Boyce, Shanika Bruce, Britney Cooper, Afy Fletcher, Chinelle Henry, Japhina Joseph, Qiana Joseph, Mandy Mangru, Snigdha Paul, Fatima Sana, Shakera Selman, Chloe Tryon

Guyana Amazon Warriors: Stafanie Taylor (C), Chamari Athapaththu, Shemaine Campbelle, Shamilia Connell, Cherry-Ann Fraser, Shabika Gajnabi, Zaida James, Ayabonga Khaka, Chedean Nation, Karishma Ramharack, Kaysia Schultz, Isani Vaghela, Rachael Vincent, Rashada Williams

Players to watch

Hayley Matthews:

The dashing West Indian all-rounder will captain Barbados Royals in this tournament. She is a right-handed opening batter and a right arm off spinner. She is only one of the few cricketers who has the uncanny ability to open the batting as well as the bowling. She will be required to shoulder the bulk of the responsibility of her team.

Chloe Tryon:

This all-rounder from South Africa is a bundle of talent, who will represent Barbados Royals. She is a hard-hitting right-handed middle order batter and more than a handy left arm spinner. Apart from her all-round skills, she is a gun fielder. She has the ability to win the matches for the team either with bat or ball.

Stafanie Taylor:

She is the most prolific batter of West Indies. The former captain of Caribbean will lead Guyana Amazon Warriors in this tournament. She is a right-handed middle order batter and a right arm off spinner. She has a wealth of experience of close to one and a half decades at the international level.

Also Read:  Match 4: Trinbago Knight Riders v Barbados Royals | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Chamari Athapaththu:

She is the captain of Sri Lanka, who will feature for Guyana Amazon Warriors. She is a left-handed opening batter and a right arm off spinner. She has been the pillar of strength of the island nation for close to 13 years at the international level. In addition to this, she has the experience of playing franchise-based tournaments in the past.

Pitch

Before this tournament, not a single women’s T10 match was played at this venue. However, looking at women’s T20I records here, 16 games have been played with the last one being played in 2012. The highest score achieved here is 175 and the lowest is 65. The teams batting first have won 10, while the teams batting second have won six. Expect an exciting contest between bat and ball, since this will be the first-time a women’s T10 will be played here.

Weather

The weather is expected to be partly sunny with a shower in spots. The maximum temperature attained during the course of the day will be 31 degrees Celsius. There will be 46 percent cloud cover and 57 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the east.

Fantasy Playing XI

Shemaine Campbelle, Britney Cooper, Chamari Athapaththu, Chedean Nation, Chloe Tryon, Hayley Matthews, Stafanie Taylor, Ayabonga Khaka, Fatima Sana, Shakira Selman, Shamilia Connell

Match details

Date: August 25, 2022

Time: 12.30 AM IST

Venue: Warner Park Sporting Complex, Basseterre

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  England rides on Nat Sciver’s heroics to beat Pakistan by 114 Runs
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here