Match 2: Trinbago Knight Riders v Guyana Amazon Warriors | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The second match of the Women’s 6ixty, a franchise-based tournament in the West Indies, will be played between Trinbago Knight Riders and Guyana Amazon Warriors on August 24. Warner Park Sporting Complex in Basseterre will host the match. The game will start at 10PM IST.

Match 2: Trinbago Knight Riders v Guyana Amazon Warriors | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Match Preview

Squads

Trinbago Knight Riders: Deandra Dottin (C), Jannillea Glasgow, Sheneta Grimmond, Shawnisha Hector, Caneisha Isaac, Hayley Jensen, Lee-Ann Kirby, Kycia Knight, Kyshona Knight, Geetika Kodali, Suné Luus, Anisa Mohammed, Natasha McLean, Steffie Soogrim

Guyana Amazon Warriors: Stafanie Taylor (C), Chamari Athapaththu, Shemaine Campbelle, Shamilia Connell, Cherry-Ann Fraser, Shabika Gajnabi, Zaida James, Ayabonga Khaka, Chedean Nation, Karishma Ramharack, Kaysia Schultz, Isani Vaghela, Rachael Vincent, Rashada Williams

Players to watch

Deandra Dottin: 

She will lead Trinbago Knight Riders in this competition. She is an attacking and aggressive right-handed opening batter and has the ability to rattle any opposition with her hard-hitting batting capabilities. Apart from her batting, she is known for her right arm medium pace and excellent fielding skills.

Sune Luus: 

This experienced all-rounder from South Africa, who will feature for Trinbago Knight Riders is a right-handed batter and a right arm leg spinner. Apart from her all-round abilities, in recent times, she has had captainship experience. She led South Africa in two major events this year, including the Commonwealth Games and 50-over World Cup.

Stafanie Taylor:

The most prolific batter of the West Indies will captain Guyana Amazon Warriors in this tournament. She is a right-handed middle order batter and a right arm off spinner. Her experience of close to 15 years at the international level will come in handy for the team. She is the former captain of the West Indies.

Also Read:  Guyana Amazon Warriors Women remained unbeaten on opening Day of Women's 6ixty

Chamari Athapaththu:

The captain of Sri Lanka will feature for Guyana Amazon Warriors. She is a left-handed opening batter and a right arm off spinner. She can make match winning contributions with either bat or ball. She has been around at the international level for around 13 years.

Pitch

Prior to the start of this tournament, not a single women’s T10 match was played here. However, looking at women’s T20I records here, 16 games have been played with the last one being played in 2012. The highest score achieved here is 175 and the lowest is 65. The teams batting first have won 10, while the teams batting second have won six. Expect an exciting contest between bat and ball, since this will be the first-time a women’s T10 will be played here.

Weather

The weather is expected to be partly sunny with a shower in spots. The maximum temperature attained during the course of the day will be 31 degrees Celsius. There will be 46 percent cloud cover and 57 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the east.

Fantasy Playing XI

Kycia Knight, Chamari Athapaththu, Chedean Nation, Kyshona Knight, Sune Luus, Stafanie Taylor, Deandra Dottin, Anisa Mohammed, Ayabonga Khaka, Hayley Jensen, Shamilia Connell

Match details

Date: August 24, 2022

Time: 10 PM IST

Venue: Warner Park Sporting Complex, Basseterre

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Summary: Sune Luus destroys New Zealand to make it a White Wash
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here