Match 1: Trinbago Knight Riders v Barbados Royals | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The inaugural edition of Women’s 6ixty will kick start from August 24. Played under the able aegis of Cricket West Indies, a total of three teams will lock horns against each other, with every team playing the other twice in a T10 format.

Match 1: Trinbago Knight Riders v Barbados Royals | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The finals will be played on August 28. All the matches will be hosted by Warner Park Sporting Complex in Basseterre. Apart from West Indies’ players, the tournament will feature players from New Zealand, Pakistan, South Africa, Sri Lanka, and the United States. There is expected to be a lot of excitement around this competition since it just precedes the much-awaited women’s Caribbean Premier League.

The first match of the Women’s 6ixty will be played between Trinbago Knight Riders and Barbados Royals on August 24 and it will start at 7.30PM IST.

Match Preview

Squads

Trinbago Knight Riders: Deandra Dottin (C), Jannillea Glasgow, Sheneta Grimmond, Shawnisha Hector, Caneisha Isaac, Hayley Jensen, Lee-Ann Kirby, Kycia Knight, Kyshona Knight, Geetika Kodali, Suné Luus, Anisa Mohammed, Natasha McLean, Steffie Soogrim.

Barbados Royals: Hayley Matthews (C), Aaliyah Alleyne, Reniece Boyce, Shanika Bruce, Britney Cooper, Afy Fletcher, Chinelle Henry, Japhina Joseph, Qiana Joseph, Mandy Mangru, Snigdha Paul, Fatima Sana, Shakera Selman, Chloe Tryon

Players to watch

Deandra Dottin: 

The captain of Trinbago Knight Riders is a swashbuckling right-handed opening batter. She can take away the game from any opposition with her power-packed batting. In addition to this, she is a right arm medium pace bowler and has an uncanny ability to pick up crucial wickets.

Sune Luus: 

This all-rounder from South Africa, who will feature for Trinbago Knight Riders is a right-handed batter and a right arm leg spinner. She has a wealth of international experience having been around for close to a decade. In recent times, in the absence of Dane van Niekerk, she led the Proteas.

Also Read:  Final: Barbados Royals v Trinbago Knight Riders | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Hayley Matthews:

The star West Indian all-rounder will lead Barbados Royals in this tournament. She is a right-handed opening batter and a right arm off spinner. She is one of the few cricketers who has the distinction of opening the batting as well as the bowling.

Chloe Tryon:

The talented all-rounder from South Africa, who will represent Barbados Royals, can make useful contributions with both bat and ball. She is a right-handed middle order batter, who is known for her hard-hitting batting abilities. Apart from this, she is more than a handy left arm spinner and an excellent fielder.

Pitch

This will be the first women’s T10 at this venue. However, looking at women’s T20I records here, 16 games have been played with the last one being played in 2012. The highest score achieved here is 175 and the lowest is 65. The teams batting first have won 10, while the teams batting second have won six. Expect an exciting contest between bat and ball, since this will be the first-time a women’s T10 will be played here.

Weather

The weather is expected to be partly sunny with a shower in spots. The maximum temperature attained during the course of the day will be 31 degrees Celsius. There will be 46 percent cloud cover and 57 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the east.

Fantasy Playing XI

Kycia Knight, Britney Cooper, Kyshona Knight, Sune Luus, Chloe Tryon, Deandra Dottin, Hayley Matthews, Anisa Mohammed, Fatima Sana, Hayley Jensen, Shakera Selman

Match details

Date: August 24, 2022

Also Read:  Match 6: Barbados Royals v Guyana Amazon Warriors | Squads | Fantasy XI | Live streaming

Time: 7.30 PM IST

Venue: Warner Park Sporting Complex, Basseterre

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here