3rd T20: South Africa Emerging v Zimbabwe Women | Squads | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The third T20 of the five-match series will be played on August 31 at the Caledonian Stadium in Pretoria and will start at 1.30 PM IST. The series is levelled at 1-1.

3rd T20: South Africa Emerging v Zimbabwe Women | Squads | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

In the second T20, South Africa Emerging posted a respectable score of 126/5 in 20 overs. Anneke Bosch top scored with 46 runs for South Africa Emerging while for Zimbabwe, five out of the six bowlers used picked up one wicket each. In reply, Zimbabwe were bundled out for a paltry 83 in 16.1 overs as they fell short of 43 runs in the end. Sharne Mayers starred with the bat scoring 17, while for South Africa Emerging, four out of the six bowlers employed scalped two wickets apiece.

Match Preview

South Africa Emerging: Caitlin Wyngaard, Elandri Rensburg, Simone Lourens, Anne Bosch, Delmi Tucker, Miane Smit, Nondumiso Shangase (c), Seshnie Naidu, Faye Tunnicliffe, Tebogo Macheke, Micheala Andrews, Monalisa Legodi, Nobulumko Baneti, Raisibe Ntozakhe

Zimbabwe: Sharne Mayers, Chipo Mugeri Tiripano, Mary Anne Musonda, Pellagia Mujaji, Josephine Nkomo (c), Kelis Ndlovu, Precious Marange, Christabel Chatonzwa, Modester Mupachikwa, Audrey Mazvishaya, Esther Mbofana, Francisca Chipare, Loreen Tshuma, Loryn Phiri, Nomvelo Sibanda

Players to watch out for

Anneke Bosch: 

The right-handed opening batter of South Africa Emerging starred with the bat, muscling 46 runs off 34 balls in the second T20 against Zimbabwe. She hammered half a dozen boundaries and a six in her knock. She batted till the 15th over and helped her side post a fighting score on board.

Nondumiso Shangase: 

The right arm off spinner of South Africa Emerging was one of the most successful bowlers in the second T20 against Zimbabwe. She scalped 7/2 in her three overs and was the most economical bowler for her team. Apart from her bowling, she is a steady right-handed middle-order batter.

Also Read:  2nd T20: South Africa Emerging v Zimbabwe Women | Squads | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Sharne Mayers: 

The right-handed opening batter of Zimbabwe top scored in the second T20 against South Africa Emerging. She scored 17 runs off 14 balls, including a couple of boundaries and a six. Though she got off to a start, she failed to capitalize, perishing against the run of play.

Nomvelo Sibanda: 

The left-arm speedster of Zimbabwe claimed 16/1 in her three overs in the second T20 against South Africa Emerging. She opened the bowling and struck in the very first over of the innings. She bowled well with the new ball and showed good control over her lines and lengths. She was the most economical bowler for her team.

Pitch

This will be the third match of the series at the venue. So far, the teams batting first and the teams batting second have won one match each. The average first innings score is 117 and the average second innings score is 96. The wicket is expected to offer a thrilling contest between bat and ball.

Weather

The weather is expected to be mostly sunny and cooler. The maximum temperature attained during the day could be 20 degrees Celsius. There will be 19 percent cloud cover and just one percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the north-northeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Pellagia Mujaji, Tebogo Macheke, Seshni Naidu, Sharne Mayers, Anneke Bosch, Micheala Andrews, Josephine Nkomo, Delmi Tucker, Nomvelo Sibanda, Nondumiso Shangase, Nobulumko Baneti

Match details 

Date: August 31, 2022

Time: 1.30PM IST

Venue: Caledonian Stadium in Pretoria

Live streaming: Cricket South Africa YouTube channel.

Also Read:  3rd T20I: Zimbabwe vs Ireland | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here