“She is the greatest player I have seen” Mumbai Indians Coach Charlotte Edwards praises Ellyse Perry

In a crucial match for Royal Challengers Bangalore in the hopes of qualifying in the playoffs of the Women’s Premier League 2024, Ellyse Perry emerged as the standout performer showcasing her extraordinary talent with both bat and ball.

"She is the greatest player I have seen" Mumbai Indians Coach Charlotte Edwards praises Ellyse Perry
“She is the greatest player I have seen” Mumbai Indians Coach Charlotte Edwards praises Ellyse Perry

Perry’s historic 6-wicket haul destroyed Mumbai Indians’ batting lineup restricting them to a total of 113 runs. Her exceptional spell of 4 overs yielded an incredible return of 6 wickets for just 15 runs, as she dismissed Sajeevan Sajana for 30, Nat Sciver-Brunt for 10, Harmanpreet for a duck, Amelia Kerr for 2, Amanjot Kaur for 4 and Pooja Vastrakar for 6 runs.

Perry also made a significant impact with the bat contributing crucial runs to Bangalore’s chase. Her composed innings of 40 runs which included five boundaries and a maximum not only steadied Bangalore’s innings but also assisted them towards a comfortable victory. Perry’s exceptional all-round performance was the driving force behind Bangalore’s success, earning her the well-deserved title of player of the match, further highlighting her status as one of the prime talents in the world of women’s cricket.

Ellyse Perry’s prestigious career reached new heights with this remarkable performance in the WPL 2024. She delivered her career-best bowling figures of 6/15. This achievement surpasses her previous record set in the Women’s Big Bash League, where she took 5 wickets against 22, playing a pivotal role in Sydney Sixers’ crucial seven-wicket victory over the Melbourne Renegades in the WBBL 2023 season. Perry also becomes the first player with a century and 6-fer in all forms of cricket.

Ellyse Perry’s Best Bowling Figures in T20

6/15 VS Mumbai Indians, Delhi, 2024
5/22 VS Renegades, Perth, 2023
4/12 VS INDW, Sydney, 2016
4/20 VS ENGW, Melbourne, 2008
4/21 VS NZW, Canberra, 2018

Also Read:  Marizanne Kapp, Minnu Mani, and Shafali Verma's onslaught power Delhi Capitals into 2nd Consecutive Final

Best Bowling figures for Perry in

First Class – 6/32
List A – 7/22
T20 – 6/15

Highest score for Perry in

First Class – 213*
List A – 147
T20 – 103*

Charlotte Edwards, an esteemed figure in cricket, and head coach of Mumbai Indians acknowledged that Ellyse Perry is unmatched in both skill and character. Having worked alongside Perry as the head coach for Sydney Sixers in WBBL, Edwards emphasizes Perry’s consistency and commendable approach to the game, irrespective of the level of competition. Edwards predicts a lasting legacy for Perry in the cricketing world. She acknowledges Perry’s greatness while expressing a competitive edge, hoping for a different outcome in future encounters in WPL.

Quoting, Charlotte, “I still stand by what I said five years ago: she is the greatest player I have seen with bat and ball and on the field. She is an unbelievable person as well. We are lucky to have Ellyse in our game as a role model. I have had the opportunity of working with her in the Sydney Sixers. What I admire the most about her is whether she is playing Club cricket, WPL, or international cricket, she plays it the same way, which is highly commendable. She had a great day today, hopefully, she won’t have such a good day on Friday. We are watching greatness, and she will be around for longer.”

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here