Richa Ghosh and Shreyanka Patil left teary-eyed after losing to Delhi Capitals by 1 Run

After moments of a last-ball thriller between DC and RCB, sportsmanship prevailed truly In the last-ball thriller between the Delhi Capitals and RCB, RCB faced a bitter 1-run loss after a thumping effort by the batters and an extraordinary effort by Richa Ghosh in the final over when they required 17 runs and Richa nearly pulled off with 2 sixes in the over and needed only 2 runs on the final ball. Richa fell short of her 1st run by centimeters at the non-striker’s end and missed out on what could have been a victory to remember for the RCB. The 2 batters Richa Ghosh and Shreyanka Patil seemed shattered in the middle after not being able to complete the run.

Soon the Delhi Capitals players were seen consoling both the batters including Jemimah Rodrigues, Meg Lanning, Alice Capsey, Shafali Verma, Radha Yadav, Arundhati Reddy, and Shikha Pandey. Alongside the RCB players in Smriti Mandhana, Ellyse Perry and others were seen boosting the spirits of Richa Ghosh who played a knock to remember of 51(29) and at the same moment, the RCB physio also came in to check with Shreyanka Patil who was playing with an injured wrist in the match and also took a 4-fer while bowled a spell with figures of 4-0-26-4.

In the post-match presentation, Delhi Capitals player Jemimah Rodrigues said, “I feel for her(Richa Ghosh), even though I am happy for the win. Only the WPL could have given this sort of exposure. I told her that this experience, it will help you in the World Cup, and you might help us win the World Cup.”

Also Read:  Who is Laxmi Yadav | Bio | Stats | UP Warriorz Player
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here