Match 9: Bangladesh v USA | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The ninth 2022 ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Qualifier match will be played between Bangladesh and the USA on September 21 at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi. The game will begin at 4.30 PM IST.

Match 9: Bangladesh v USA | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Both teams will play their third match of the tournament. While Bangladesh has won their last two matches, the USA has suffered defeat in their previous two outings.

Head-to-Head

Bangladesh and the USA have played just one T20I against each other, which Bangladesh has won.

Squads

Bangladesh: Nigar Sultana (c), Rumana Ahmed, Marufa Akter, Nahida Akter, Sharmin Akhter, Jahanara Alam, Fargana Hoque, Fahima Khatun, Murshida Khatun, Salma Khatun, Sanjida Akter Meghla, Lata Mondal, Ritu Moni, Sobhana Mostary, Sharmin Sultana

USA: Sindhu Sriharsha (c), Bhumika Bhadiraju, Taranum Chopra, Disha Dhingra, Sai Tanmayi Eyyunni, Preeti Iyenger, Mahika Kandanala, Geetika Kodali, Anika Kolan, Snigdha Paul, Lisa Ramjit, Ritu Singh, Yashaditi Teka, Suhani Thadani, Isani Vaghela

Players to watch

Shohely Akhter: 

The right-arm off-spinner of Bangladesh won the player of the match in her last outing against Scotland. She scalped 7/4 in four overs, including one maiden. She struck twice in the 13th over. She registered her maiden four-wicket haul in her international career. She bowled well in the middle phase of the innings and wreaked havoc, rattling the opposition batting.

Nigar Sultana: 

The captain of Bangladesh led from the front as she top-scored with 34 off 43, including five boundaries in her last match against Scotland. She anchored the run chase and guided her team to a six-wicket win chasing 78. The right-handed top-order batter came in to bat in the second over and was there almost till the end.

Also Read:  Top 5: Highest Partnerships in Women's T20 Cricket

Sai Tanmayi Eyyunni: 

The right-arm leg spinner of the USA, who bowls a lot of googlies, was the lone wicket-taker for her team in her last fixture against Ireland. She accounted for 22/1 in four overs. She was the second-most economical bowler and did not concede any extras in her spell.

Sindhu Sriharsha: 

The captain of the USA starred with the bat in her last appearance against Ireland. The right-handed top order batter and wicket-keeper mustered 25 off 26, including three boundaries. She stitched a crucial 44-run partnership with Disha Dhingra for the second wicket.

Pitch

This will be the fifth match of the tournament at this venue. Out of the four games played here, the teams batting first have won one, and the teams batting second have won three. The average first innings score is 100, and the average second innings score is 98. The wicket is expected to offer a riveting contest between bat and ball. Neither of the departments has completely dominated the other so far in this competition at this venue.

Weather

The weather is expected to be sunny and very warm with low humidity. The highest temperature attained during the day will be 40 degrees Celsius. There will be a three percent cloud cover and no chance of rain. The wind will blow from the west.

Fantasy Playing XI

Nigar Sultana, Shamima Sultana, Sindhu Sriharsha, Murshida Khatun, Snigdha Paul, Disha Dhingra, Salma Khatun, Sai Tanmayi Eyyunni, Shohely Akhter, Nahida Akter, Bhumika Bhadriraju

Match details

Date: September 21, 2022

Time: 4.30 PM IST

Also Read:  Match 15: India vs Bangladesh | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Venue: Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi

Live streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here