1st ODI: Bangladesh vs India | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Following a 3-match Twenty20 International (T20I) series, the focus now shifts to a 3-match One-Day International (ODI) series between Bangladesh and India. The series opener is set to commence at 9:00 AM Indian Standard Time (IST) on the 16th of July, 2023, at the Shere Bangla National Stadium in Dhaka.

1st ODI: Bangladesh vs India | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The challenging wicket exposed the batting weaknesses of both Bangladesh and India, highlighting the need for maturity and adaptability in the longer format of the game. This three-match series is part of the ongoing International Cricket Council (ICC) Women’s Championship 2022/23-25 cycle, which sees India currently seeded at the top of the standings with 12 points from 6 unbeaten wins, while Bangladesh is seeded 9th with 4 points from 2 wins.

Squads:

Bangladesh – Nigar Sultana Joty (C, WK), Nahida Akter (VC), Murshida Khatun, Fargana Hoque Pinky, Sobhana Mostary, Shorna Akter, Ritu Moni, Lata Mondol, Disha Biswas, Marufa Akter, Sharmin Akter Supta, Shanjida Akther Maghla, Rabeya Khan, Sultana Khatun, Salma Khatun, Fahima Khatun, Shamima Sultana

India – Harmanpreet Kaur (C), Smriti Mandhana (VC), Deepti Sharma, Shafali Verma, Jemimah Rodrigues, Yastika Bhatia (WK), Harleen Deol, Devika Vaidya, Uma Chetry (WK), Amanjot Kaur, Priya Punia, Pooja Vastrakar, Meghna Singh, Anjali Sarvani, Monica Patel, Rashi Kanojiya, Anusha Bareddy, Sneh Rana

Players to watch out:

Nigar Sultana Joty

The 25-year-old batter has scored 648 runs in 30 ODI outings, with a highest score of 73. The runs contributed by Nigar will be crucial for Bangladesh’s success in the ODIs. It is positive for the side that she is currently in decent form and will aim to continue her momentum.

Also Read:  Match 4: Delhi Capitals vs UP Warriorz | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Salma Khatun

The 32-year-old off-spinner has scored 491 runs and taken 52 wickets in 46 ODIs, with a highest score of 75*. Salma had a challenging performance in the T20Is, but her experience suggests that she will bounce back strongly.

Smriti Mandhana

The 26-year-old all-rounder has scored 3073 runs in 77 ODI innings, with a highest score of 135. Smriti had a challenging run in the lead-up, but she managed to get starts during the T20Is. It will be important for her to capitalize on those starts and convert them into big scores during the ODIs.

Deepti Sharma

The 25-year-old all-rounder has scored 1891 runs and taken 91 wickets in 80 ODI appearances, with respective best performances of 188 runs and 6/20. Deepti had a remarkable T20I series and is well-suited for these tracks. The team relies on her to deliver consistently and contribute significantly in the series.

Pitch:

The center wicket at Shere Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka, presents challenges for batters due to its slow and spin-friendly nature, leading to an average score of 136. Batters will need to apply themselves thoroughly to thrive on this demanding track.

Weather:

The conditions at the venue aren’t pleasing as the temperature is forecasted to hover around 31°C, with humidity at 75% and light winds. There is a high chance of rain, even during match hours which could lead to interruptions and possibly abandoning the game.

Fantasy playing XI:

Nigar Sultana Joty, Harmanpreet Kaur, Smriti Mandhana, Jemimah Rodrigues, Ritu Moni, Deepti Sharma, Shafali Verma, Salma Khatun, Pooja Vastrakar, Nahida Akter, Sultana Khatun

Also Read:  Bangladesh records a Historic Maiden ODI victory against India

Match details:

Date – July 16, 2023

Time – 9:00 AM IST

Venue – Shere Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka

Broadcast – All games of the bilateral series will be live-streamed on the Bangladesh Cricket Board’s Facebook page and YouTube Channel.

Sports have always been a huge part of my life, and having played cricket professionally for my state team, I gained a deeper understanding of what it takes to succeed in the world of sports. With an eye for detail and passion for sports, I’m hoping to make a lasting impact in the sports industry.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here