Preview: Match 6 – Bhutan vs Nepal Women | Fantasy Playing XI | Players to watch | Squad

The sixth match of the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Asia Region Qualifier 2021 will be played between Bhutan and Nepal on November 23 at the ICC Academy Ground 2 in Dubai. While Bhutan won their last match against Kuwait, Nepal lost to Hong Kong in their last outing.

Bhutan vs Nepal Women's Cricket Team.
Bhutan vs Nepal Women’s Cricket Team.

Match preview

Squads

Bhutan: Yeshey Choden (c), Tashi Cheki, Ngawang Choden, Sonam Choden, Karma Dema, Anju Gurung, Sonam Paldon (wk), Karma Samten, Pema Seldon (wk), Dechen Wangmo, Yeshey Wangmo, Tshering Yangchen, Eva Somsel Yangzom, Tshering Zangmo

Nepal: Rubina Chhetry (c), Indu Barma (vc), Apsari Begam, Karuna Bhandari, Dolly Bhatta, Kabita Joshi, Saraswati Kumari, Kabita Kunwar, Sarita Magar, Sita Magar, Jyoti Pandey, Sangita Rai, Shabnam Rai, Kajal Shrestha (wk)

Players to watch out for

Tshering Zangmo:

The right hand middle order bat top scored for Bhutan in her last outing against Kuwait. She smashed 34 not out off 36 balls, including four boundaries. She was involved in quite a few partnerships, with the highest being 43 runs with Pema Seldon. Apart from her batting, she was exceptional with the ball as she claimed 1-12 in her four overs of off spin.

Karma Samten:

The right arm off spinner was the pick of the bowlers for Bhutan against Kuwait. She wrecked havoc with 2-9 in 3.3 overs. She bowled economically and was right on the money for the majority part of her spell. Bhutan will want Samten to provide them with the necessary breakthroughs in the upcoming matches.

Sita Rana Magar:

The left hand opening bat top scored for Nepal in their last match against Hong Kong. She muscled 40 not out off 58 balls, including four boundaries. She was involved in an 81-run partnership with Indu Barma. This partnership helped Nepal to go past the 100-run mark. Nepal will want Magar to fire on all cylinders going into the next match. With the ball, the left arm seamer picked up 1-18 in her four overs.

Also Read:  Preview: Match 5 – Malaysia vs Kuwait Women | Fantasy Playing XI | Players to watch | Squad

Kabita Kunwar:

The all-rounder opened the batting as well as bowling for Nepal in their last fixture against Hong Kong. Though the right hand bat had an off day with the bat, the right arm seamer had a good day with the ball. She struck with 1-18 in her four overs. She picked up the wicket in the third over of the innings.

Weather

The weather is expected to be sunny and pleasant with an average temperature of about 31 degrees Celsius during the first half of the match. The temperatures will drop to about 28 degrees Celsius as the evening (local) sets in. In the latter half, the weather will be clear and warm. Wind will blow from the west-northwest.

Pitch

This will be the second match of the tournament at this venue. In the first match, both the teams scored more than 100 runs and only seven wickets fell during the game. The team chasing won comfortably. The wicket is good for batting. There was nothing much in it for the bowlers in the last match. The bowlers will have to work hard to get wickets.

Match details

Date: November 23, 2021

Time: 3pm IST

Venue: ICC Academy Ground 2, Dubai

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here