Preview: Match 4 – UAE vs Hong Kong Women | Fantasy Playing XI | Players to watch | Squad

The fourth match of the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Asia Region Qualifier 2021 will be played between UAE and Hong Kong on November 23 at the ICC Academy in Dubai. Both the teams have won their first match against Malaysia and Nepal respectively.

UAE Women vs Hong Kong Women
UAE Women vs Hong Kong Women

Match preview

Squads

UAE: Chaya Mughal (c), Natasha Cherriath, Samaira Dharnidharka, Kavisha Egodage, Mahika Gaur, Priyanjali Jain, Suraksha Kotte, Vaishnave Mahesh, Judit Peter, Esha Rohit, Theertha Satish, Chamani Seneviratne, Khushi Sharma, Subha Venkataraman

Hong Kong: Kary Chan (c), Maryam Bibi, Betty Chan, Lemon Cheung, Tammy Chu, Yasmin Daswani, Mariko Hill, Emma Lai, Heiley Lui, Natasha Miles, Iqra Sahar, Shanzeen Shahzad, Alison Siu, Ruchitha Venkatesh

Players to watch out for

Theertha Satish:

The left-hand top order bat, playing her first-ever T20I, top-scored with 46 runs off 48 balls, including three boundaries, against Malaysia in the last match The player of the match helped her team post 131 in 20 overs. She played some good-looking shots and ran well between the wickets. She came in to bat in the second over and was there till the 19th over of the match. UAE will want their top-order bat to continue performing with the bat.

Kavisha Egodage:

The right arm off-spinner from UAE was the pick of the bowlers in her last match against Malaysia. She struck with 1-18 in her four overs. Apart from her bowling, she is an opening bat. Though she had an off day with the bat, UAE will want her to score big runs for them in the upcoming fixtures. She is one of the most experienced players in the team.

Also Read:  Match 3: United Arab Emirates vs United States of America | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Mariko Hill:

The right-hand opening bat was the leading run-getter for Hong Kong against Nepal in her last match. She muscled 42 not out off 38 balls, including four boundaries. Apart from her batting, she is more than a handy right-arm seamer. She took the new ball from the other end and bowled three overs giving away 17 runs. She also took two catches in the match.

Betty Chan:

The right arm off spinner opened the bowling for Hong Kong. She was the most economical bowler as she gave away just 12 runs in four overs, including one maiden. She picked up 1-12 and struck on the very second ball of the innings. She has good control of her bowling and can tame the opposition batters from scoring freely off her.

Weather

The weather is expected to be sunny and pleasant with an average temperature of about 31 degrees Celsius. Wind will blow from the south-southwest.

Pitch

The wicket is good to bat on. More than 100 runs were scored in each of the four innings that have been played in the tournament so far. Apart from being batting friendly, there is some purchase for the bowlers, provided they bowl in tight lines and lengths.

Fantasy playing XI

Hiu Ying Cheung, Theertha Satish, Kavisha Egodage, Natasha Miles, Mariko Hill, Betty Chan, Esha Rohit, Chaya Mughal, Kary Chan, Shubha Venkataraman, Iqra Sahar

Match details

Date: November 23, 2021

Time: 11am IST

Venue: ICC Academy, Dubai

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Preview: Match 5 – Malaysia vs Kuwait Women | Fantasy Playing XI | Players to watch | Squad
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here