Milestones Approaching during Final between South Africa Women vs New Zealand Women

The grand finale of the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup is finally here, with South Africa and New Zealand both vying for their first-ever World Cup title. Neither nation has tasted World Cup success in either men’s or women’s cricket, making this contest a potential turning point in their cricketing history. Every player knows what’s at stake, and apart from the trophy, a few personal milestones are also within reach, adding further excitement to the high-stakes encounter.

Milestones Approaching during Final between South Africa Women vs New Zealand Women. PC: Getty
Milestones Approaching during Final between South Africa Women vs New Zealand Women. PC: Getty

Laura Wolvaardt is 45 away from 2,000 T20I runs.

South African skipper Laura Wolvaardt, who has been in phenomenal touch throughout the tournament, needs just 45 more runs to become the first South African woman to cross 2000 T20I runs. With 190 runs already in this campaign, including a best of 59* against the West Indies, all eyes will be on Wolvaardt to deliver once again.

Nonkululeko Mlaba is two away from 50 T20I wickets.

South Africa’s spin sensation Nonkululeko Mlaba, ranked sixth in South Africa’s T20I wicket-taking list, stands on the brink of reaching a landmark of her own. With 48 T20I wickets to her name, she needs only two more to hit the coveted 50-wicket mark. Mlaba has been in red-hot form, bagging 10 wickets in just five matches this tournament, including an outstanding 4 for 29 against the West Indies.

Marizanne Kapp is 13 runs away from 5000 international runs.

Veteran all-rounder Marizanne Kapp, one of South Africa’s most trusted match-winners, is also chasing a remarkable milestone. Kapp is just 13 runs away from 5,000 international runs across all formats, with her tally currently standing at 317 runs in Tests, 3056 in ODIs, and 1614 in T20Is. Known for her ability to change the game with both bat and ball, Kapp’s contribution in the final could be decisive.

Also Read:  Match 4: India vs New Zealand | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming | Pitch Report

Sophie Devine is 43 away from 10,000 T20 runs.

New Zealand, on the other hand, boasts players ready to etch their own names in the record books. Captain Sophie Devine is within touching distance of becoming just the second woman in cricket history to reach 10,000 runs in T20s. From 368 T20 matches, including 142 T20I caps, Devine has amassed 9957 runs, and just 43 more will see her join Suzie Bates in this exclusive club.

Leigh Kasperek is one away from 200 wickets in T20s and 4 away from 150 international wickets.

Meanwhile, spin wizard Leigh Kasperek is primed for her own landmark moment. With 199 wickets in T20s, she needs just one more to complete 200 T20 wickets in total. Additionally, with 81 T20I wickets and 65 in ODIs, Kasperek is also just four wickets away from reaching 150 international wickets. Despite missing a few games, Kasperek’s ability to thrive on the slow, turning pitches in the UAE could be crucial in New Zealand’s title hopes.

Historically, New Zealand has dominated this matchup, winning 11 of the 16 encounters between these two teams. However, in the unpredictable world of T20 cricket, past records hold little weight. This World Cup has already thrown up surprises, and with so much at stake, this final promises to be no different.

The showdown begins at 7:30 PM IST at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium, where history will be made—whether through a first-ever World Cup win or by the breaking of individual milestones. All eyes will be on this gripping contest, where careers and legacies are on the line.

Loves all things female cricket

Also Read:  Watch Highlights: England Top Group B After Dominating Win Over Scotland with 60 balls remaining

Liked the story? Leave a comment here

Germany Women’s National Cricket Team Belgium Women’s National Cricket Team France Women’s National Cricket Team
Most Popular Female Cricketers on Instagram List of 10 Brother-Sister pair in Cricket Husband-Wife Pair in Cricket